Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Need to replace thermostat...help!

Old 03-31-2011, 03:32 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need to replace thermostat...help!

It appears that the thermostat is starting to go on my 2007 Wrangler Unlimited. The heater will blow cold air, and the temp gauge will climb higher than normal when idling, with the fan kicking on even in cool weather. My question is: is this an easy fix? Where is the location of the thermostat? Not to sound stupid, but I haven't changed one since high school on my '77 Nova, and it was done simply by pulling the top radiator hose. Something tells me its probably a little more complicated these days. Any response is appreciated. Thank you.
Old 03-31-2011, 04:26 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by tggentry
It appears that the thermostat is starting to go on my 2007 Wrangler Unlimited. The heater will blow cold air, and the temp gauge will climb higher than normal when idling, with the fan kicking on even in cool weather. My question is: is this an easy fix? Where is the location of the thermostat? Not to sound stupid, but I haven't changed one since high school on my '77 Nova, and it was done simply by pulling the top radiator hose. Something tells me its probably a little more complicated these days. Any response is appreciated. Thank you.
pretty much the same as it would have been on the nova.....follow top radiator hose to thermostat housing on top of engine...remove fasteners, change thermostat, replace fasteners, check for leaks.....that's it dude.
Old 03-31-2011, 07:46 PM
JK Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

TG--> While you replace it, take some photos, post a write up, and get forum-famous.
Old 03-31-2011, 10:06 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the info! i'll try to take some pics and post them

Quick Reply: Need to replace thermostat...help!