Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Needing little torx screws for headlight

Old 12-17-2016, 05:13 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Needing little torx screws for headlight

Hello

I was swapping out a Truck Lite lamp that died (thankfully under warranty) and it was like 18 degrees in my garage and I dropped a screw somewhere behind the grill...

The damn dealership only sells the ENTIRE headlight assembly!

I just need the torx screw that goes in the silver ring that actually holds the headlight in

Does someone have a good source?

Matthew
Old 12-17-2016, 05:37 PM
JK Junkie

Received 159 Likes on 140 Posts

McMaster.com has just about everything to do anything. I've used them for over 20 years for a variety of engineering stuff.
Old 12-18-2016, 06:21 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Matthewd5
Hello

I was swapping out a Truck Lite lamp that died (thankfully under warranty) and it was like 18 degrees in my garage and I dropped a screw somewhere behind the grill...

The damn dealership only sells the ENTIRE headlight assembly!

I just need the torx screw that goes in the silver ring that actually holds the headlight in

Does someone have a good source?

Matthew
you can buy just the adjuster screw. tell them to stop being lazy and look it up. i bought both mine from the local dodge dealership for like 2.50 a piece.
Old 12-18-2016, 07:39 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Save yourself the grief with the dealership, go to ACE Hardware. They have a wide selection of fasteners in standard and metric, regular and stainless steel, torxs, slots, hex, and Phillips. I get all my hardware for my vehicles, including outboards, motorcycles, lawnmowers, etc. from Ace. You can buy just one or as many as you need.
Old 12-19-2016, 12:09 PM
JK Newbie

Not sure why we have people responding with unhelpful suggestions to find something at a local hardware store. It's a pretty specialized adjustment screw that has an indent around the screw shoulder for the headlight housing hole to fit in with the right amount of tension to press in, but not come loose afterwards. This isn't just any torx screw that you can just match size/pitch.

Here's a link. Go ahead and buy a couple to swap out the non-adjustable screws to give you more control when adjusting.

Mopar® 55078114AA Headlamp Adjustment Screw 07-16 Jeep® Wrangler & Wrangler Unlimited JK | Quadratec

I know OP doesn't need this info since s/he's already got it out, but if anyone else needs to adjust their headlights, it's a size T-15 torx bit that's needed. If you want to adjust the headlight without taking the grill off, you'll need a dedicated T-15 driver, not one of those drivers where you can swap out the bits on the tip. There's not enough room between the headlight bezel and grill to fit the collar of one of those swappable bit drivers.
Old 12-19-2016, 01:02 PM
JK Jedi

You can get these anti-theft screws from our sponsor Eric at offroadelements.com. Tell him Scooby sent ya!!

https://www.offroadelements.com/offr...ity-screw-kit/
Old 12-20-2016, 05:52 PM
JK Junkie

Just to clarify, I'm not looking for the adjuster screws, I'm looking for the screws that go in the silver trim ring that holds the head light in

If someone knew the proper size/thread pitch it would be super helpful

matthew
Old 12-22-2016, 07:35 AM
JK Newbie

If you can't get it at a local dealership you can try a Fastenal store. They have a section of fasteners made by AU-VE-CO that are for automotive applications. That is where I buy mine if I do not want to deal with a dealership. I also check the replacement part section on Quadratec for little doodads I have to replace. If the Fastenal cannot find them in the AU-VE-CO section see if they will source it for you. You will have to take one of them off so they can find an exact match for you.
Old 12-22-2016, 07:43 AM
JK Newbie

I found a set at the local junk yard. Cost me 5 bucks for those and trim rings!
Old 12-24-2016, 06:58 AM
JK Newbie

I've got one here at work. Pm me your address and i'll send it to you to you snail mail

Quick Reply: Needing little torx screws for headlight