Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

New Autozone AGM battery

Old 07-17-2011, 08:15 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Autozone AGM battery

So, my factory battery finally died this weekend. Got a jump this morning, and since I was going to have breakfast with an old friend in College Station anyway, I looked up Optima dealers. Optima site said autozone is a dealer, so perfect, leave the Jeep idling during breakfast, then head to the zone for a replacement. Pull up to the zone, (leaving Jeep running again, just in case) and head inside. I see the yellow tops, and begin looking up the correct model only to find they don't have it. The sales guy came up to me and starting telling me about the new Duralast AGM. He actually knew all the specs of both batteries, and the up and down sides to both. After weighing my options of going to another store, or trying the Duralast, the Duralast won. It has the same CCA's and more CA's than the optima, is a sealed gel cell, and has the same warranty. Glad I didn't order an optima battery box Saturday when the OEM died!! It's also about $50 cheaper!!! We'll see how this works out.

On a side note, my OEM battery lasted 38 months and 30,350 miles. What a piece of junk!!!

Quick Reply: New Autozone AGM battery