Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

New Baby NOT Starting

Old 03-24-2008, 05:47 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This does seem like the issue! Thank you, I wanted something tangible to mention to the dealership when I call today.

RED9BULL.....hey neighbor! Who do I apply for permits with? I would LOVE to do that this summer.
Old 03-24-2008, 06:20 AM
JK Enthusiast

I got the county permit from smiths point, about $90, and the state permit from Robert Moses, about $50.
Old 03-24-2008, 01:05 PM
JK Newbie

My Jeep is all fixed. The service guy at the dealership didn't seem to want to explain the problem to me. He did say it was electrical and that the keys had to be re-coded.

I'm going to get more information when I pick it up tomorrow. I think I may have teared up a few times today when I passed Wranglers while driving our Accord. I'm relieved the issue was resolved so quickly.

Thanks for all the info.
Old 03-24-2008, 01:30 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 361 Likes on 269 Posts

Originally Posted by maltomeel
My Jeep is all fixed. The service guy at the dealership didn't seem to want to explain the problem to me. ...
Probably figured, "a girl, wouldn't understand anyway." So, next time you take it back (for routine maintenance we hope!) have it lifted, new wheels, tires, bumper, lights, etc, and tell him that you did all of the work yourself.

BTW: I'm glad you're back with your baby, Jill.
Old 03-25-2008, 03:45 PM
JK Newbie

Thank you Mark!

The dealership replaced the Wireless Control Module. Both keys were recoded and the Jeep drove beautifully all day. I gave her a bath, shined her all up, trying to keep her happy Now I know how you poors guys feel, trying to keep us girls smiling.

Here is a weird tidbit: when the car wouldn't start the mpg was at 14.9. When driving home today it was at 18.9. Very odd.

Quick Reply: New Baby NOT Starting