Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

New JK SAHARA 08 Unlimited Owner

Old 02-20-2008, 07:19 PM
JRO
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New JK SAHARA 08 Unlimited Owner

Hey guys I've been pouring over this forum for the past hour or two trying to soak in everything I can about my new jeep. I picked this beauty up 2 weeks ago (500 KM's now ) however this morning as I'm driving to school I hear the most ANNOYING ticking noise on the upper left corner of the passenger side as I drive through bumpy roads .. I've pin pointed it to where the frame and hard top meet closest to the window (I think), has anybody encountered the same problem??

I've read some posts about the seatbelt area making noise but that has not affected me (yet) *knock on wood*
Old 02-20-2008, 07:30 PM
JK Jedi Master

Welcome to JK-Forum JRO. I'm sure someone will know the noise you are talking about.
Old 02-21-2008, 04:09 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yea i have that noise and it annoys me.... I never really tried to pinpoint it tho.
Old 02-21-2008, 06:44 AM
JK Super Freak

Take your front panels off and put them back on. See if that helps.

I have/had the same problem behind my head on the drivers side. Very annoying but either I fixed it or got used to it. Can't tell.
Old 02-21-2008, 08:06 AM
JRO
JK Newbie

Thanks for the welcoming posts ..
Gonna try taking off the front panel and putting them back on, see if that fixes the problem

Luckily this is the only occurance where my jeep has attempted to talk to me.. through morse code it sounds like lol
Old 02-21-2008, 08:28 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

my guess is the pin that drops inside the sport bar that assures proper alignment of the panel is rattling against the sport bar, Im thinking wrapping electrical tape around it will solve/lessen it. But its cold out and the noise doesnt bother me enough to take the top off.

I did notice tho, that once the inside of the JK warms up the noise is minimal.

for me, its another reason to look forward to the warm summer months when I can run without a top or doors at all and rattles are a thing of my memory.

It is a Wrangler afterall, and I believe some creaks rattles are normal as it does NOT have a solid roof or set of real door hinges.
Old 02-21-2008, 08:30 AM
JK Super Freak

Take the pannels off and put them back on. You'll get ridd of the noise, but will most likely get the dreeded water leak.
Old 02-21-2008, 04:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

Another option is the door itself. One of my doors weren't aligned perfectly from the dealership. They realigned it for me while I was back looking at another jeep for a friend. There was a jiggling noise anyime I got the slightest bump. So they fixed it and it went away, I have taken doors on and off since, no problems.
Old 02-21-2008, 04:50 PM
JK Freak

My Freedom top creaks more when it is very cold.

It has never leaked except for the one time I didn't put it on correctly.
Old 02-21-2008, 04:53 PM
JK Enthusiast

My jeep made that same noise when it was new and it was the door stricker (the thing that the door latch clamps on to. I just wrapped a little electiral tape around it and problem solved. Their is a TSB for a new latch to fix it but tape works fine too !

Quick Reply: New JK SAHARA 08 Unlimited Owner