Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

New soft top

Old 03-23-2013, 08:46 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New soft top

So time to get a new soft top factory top has seems to be done. Do question is trek top nx with I do like or aftermarket replacement top. Rampage, bestop, new quadratop. Family likes top all the way down but young daughters get way to hot, so most of the Time we just take the windows out and call it a day. However I love having top all the way down and from my understanding that is easier to do with factory opinions please? What the jeep community say
Old 03-23-2013, 09:42 AM
JK Enthusiast

Bestop makes the tops for Chrysler. I would just get a replacement sailcloth. That way you can retain all of the factory top abilities. I had the trektop nx for my 2 door and actually didn't like it at all I ended up with the factory top.
Old 03-23-2013, 10:22 AM
JK Super Freak
FJOTM Winner

Received 210 Likes on 197 Posts

Check e-bay for a factory top... you can get NIBox tops for around 500... if your patient you can get a new or like new for 300-400. Just watch the years so you get the right year top...

I just replaced my 07's top last night... about 3 hour job mostly because it was a little cold and the top had to be coaxed into place. Pay attention when you take the header bar apart... that is a little tricky to get back together. Just be patient. The rest goes simple!

BYW... it was an e-bay factory top, used twice... tinted windows and in new condition and it was 400 shipped.
Old 03-23-2013, 11:18 AM
JK Enthusiast

Yeah I have 07 2dr and have factory sunrises but it needs to be replaced. Thanks for the info
Old 03-25-2013, 09:17 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by ffrogg
So time to get a new soft top factory top has seems to be done. Do question is trek top nx with I do like or aftermarket replacement top. Rampage, bestop, new quadratop. Family likes top all the way down but young daughters get way to hot, so most of the Time we just take the windows out and call it a day. However I love having top all the way down and from my understanding that is easier to do with factory opinions please? What the jeep community say
Ffrogg,

As has been said, the factory style tops are much easier to remove and re-install quickly. The Trektop NX is a little more involved when you want to remove it completely. So If I were you I would look at a Sailcloth Repalce-a-Top by Bestop. It will replace your current fabric, and be just like the top you have on there now.

Bestop makes the tops for the factory, so this is going to be exactly like the top that came with your Jeep when it was brand new. It won't have any hardware, since I'm assuming that yours is still in almost perfect condition since it's only a 2007.

We offer a 6% discount for active JK-Forum members, along with free shipping on any order over $75. I'll shoot you the code over in a PM so you can use it to get the best price on your top!

Hope this helps! Shoot me a PM with any other questions!

-Zach
Old 03-25-2013, 11:09 AM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ffrogg
Yeah I have 07 2dr and have factory sunrises but it needs to be replaced. Thanks for the info
I'd love to see a factory sunrise!

Quick Reply: New soft top