Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

New Soft Top-Warranty Work

Old 12-29-2009, 02:09 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Soft Top-Warranty Work

FYI- Maybe this is something that you may want to look at if you are under warranty:

I took my soft top in yesterday because I noticed that the seam that runs longitudinally was unraveling above the rear window. They said that it couldn't be fixed and gave me a NEW TOP today. You may want to look at the seam and see if the thread is unraveling. Maybe you can get a new soft top?

My concern is, will my old window panel zippers line up with the New Top zippers?
Old 12-29-2009, 02:52 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ThirdCoastJeep
FYI- Maybe this is something that you may want to look at if you are under warranty:

I took my soft top in yesterday because I noticed that the seam that runs longitudinally was unraveling above the rear window. They said that it couldn't be fixed and gave me a NEW TOP today. You may want to look at the seam and see if the thread is unraveling. Maybe you can get a new soft top?

My concern is, will my old window panel zippers line up with the New Top zippers?
Interested to know if you got a new 2010 soft top with cable?
The zippers will always line up - they are engineered that way. Lots of replacement windows going into tops due to scratching, etc..
Old 12-29-2009, 02:57 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by geoffcwilson
Interested to know if you got a new 2010 soft top with cable?
The zippers will always line up - they are engineered that way. Lots of replacement windows going into tops due to scratching, etc..
I have a 2007 JK so I imagine that it doesn't have the cable; and yes, this soft top will most likely leak like the original- probably worse. .

BTW, what is the cable for?

Quick Reply: New Soft Top-Warranty Work