Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

New TIPM

Old 07-20-2013, 11:18 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New TIPM

I replaced the tipm in my Jeep today. I turned the key om for 20seconds and then off. I then cranked it and it started. I assumed it programmed. When I drove it the speedometer isn't working and the seatbelt lights are on even when the belt is buckled. Any advice? O and the check engine light is on.
Old 07-20-2013, 12:02 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

SUBSCRIBED!

I'm curious as hell about this. For years, I was always under the impression that the TIPM could only be installed by a Jeep dealer because of the need to program the unit. However someone later posted instructions on doing this at home using the procedure that you mentioned. Maybe the at home procedure just loads the VIN from other modules in the Jeep allowing it to me driven, but the TIPM still has to be formally programmed by a dealer?

Quick Reply: New TIPM