Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

New tires....

Old 01-28-2015, 06:26 PM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I currently have both those tires for my JKU ... Love the MTR's(37") for summer and the wheeling I do(love playing in the rocks avoid mud cause it's a pita to clean lol). Took a lot of weights to balance but they did... Adding Trail Ready beadlock wheels to them this spring(sold my Mickey Thompson's with fake beadlock rings recently.
I switch to the Duratracs(35") on steel rims every winter because of the snow we get here Ontario Canada. If they made the Duratracs in 37's I'd probably just run those all year round for the convenience of not having to change out 100lbs+ tire wheel combos all the time.......
If you're lifting for sure you'll REGRET 33" tires.... Go 35"(most are only a little over 34" anyways) and trim your fenders until you lift it.... Good luck
Old 02-16-2015, 03:49 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok. So I think I'm going to go with the DuraTrack 285-70/17. I'm putting them on the stock Moab wheels with stock height at the moment. (may be doing a budget boost in spring) Will I need wheel spacers? If so, what size? 1.25 or 1.5???

Thanks.

Quick Reply: New tires....