Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

No Spray

Old 12-15-2008, 01:35 PM
c90dan

Mines frozen too. Pump works, but no spray. When it thaws out in garage I'm going to try the yellowish de-icer fluid. Was looking into one of those Hot Shot washer fluid systems, but I think it's icing up at the spry nozzle.
Old 12-15-2008, 01:50 PM
JK Forum Regional Rep

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by c90dan
Mines frozen too. Pump works, but no spray. When it thaws out in garage I'm going to try the yellowish de-icer fluid. Was looking into one of those Hot Shot washer fluid systems, but I think it's icing up at the spry nozzle.
The news is saying we are supposed to hit record lows tonight and tomorrow night so I'm gonna do what I have to to get this fixed. -18 tonight.
Old 12-15-2008, 04:04 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 999666
Geuss Jk's do not have factory heated washers.
Guy at work had the same issue even with the -40C stuff in his washer bottle, what he did find out eventualy for the fix as he washed his car alot in the winter, if he used the washer nozzle before he brought the car back out into the cold it would never freeze up. If he didn't it would always freeze up.
So maybe next time your heading somewere cold just give it a couple squirts to be sure no water has backed it's way into the nozzles, if your fluid in the resevoir is frozen then I'd think problem & fix would be a no brainer.

exactly.

if you know that tomorrow begins the new ice age you'll need to purge your system if you expect your washers to work. same thing goes if you wash your car in the winter. purge.

Quick Reply: No Spray