Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

No Start - Get 1 click but no Crank

Old 08-22-2020, 12:19 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No Start - Get 1 click but no Crank

I have an ‘09 Wrangler. Last week while driving the radio suddenly turned off. Then radio came right back on and the battery indicator light, check engine, tire low pressure, ESP & BAS lights all came on. Parked it in my driveway and decided to mess with it in the morning. Came out next morning and no power to anything?? Battery was over 4 years old so figured it was time for a new one anyway. Put in the new battery cleaned all the terminals and had power! But will not turn over now? Just get a single click.

-replaced both terminals
-tried starting in neutral / pushing shifter
-ran a jump wire to starter and no crank.
-Replaced starter/ still no start but will
Spin when I run a jump wire.
-new battery is now dead too. Tested needs charge replaced on warranty
-New battery installed still no start.

-getting power to alternator but cover around connection is melted. Looks like coils are burned.
-replaced alternator / figure it was burning out battery too if old one was shot

-Checked all the grounds
-checked all relays
-Replaced starter switch

And still only get the click when I try to start??
any ideas from anyone would be really appreciated!!! Almost have a new Jeep that still doesn’t start.... 🤣

Thanks!!
Old 09-23-2020, 02:18 PM
JK Newbie

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

This was an issue for a time - I have an '08. Try pushing the trans selector lever forward - that works every time on mine

Quick Reply: No Start - Get 1 click but no Crank