Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Noise when shifting from park

Old 05-30-2007, 10:32 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Noise when shifting from park

I have started noticing lately a noise that occurs after I shift from park. Here is the sequence...park, shift to reverse or drive, 1/2 second pause, noise (like a servo motor) from under or rear that lasts about a second, gears engage. It has not been making this noise, and I have not done anything to make it start the noise...any ideas?
Old 05-30-2007, 03:07 PM
JK Enthusiast

If it's the noise I'm thinking it is and it's sort of a clicking also, it's normal. Mine does it too and my ex-wifes Sebring did it and most other chryslers I've heard. Don't ask me what it is but it hasn't been an issue for me at all, but then I was expecting to hear it.
Old 05-30-2007, 04:06 PM
JK Enthusiast

Don't know what it is but my 2007 JK does it too. It's probably normal.
Old 05-30-2007, 04:19 PM
JK Newbie

I notice it now too. I think its because I have the top down, and can hear it, but I never heard it with the hard top on.
Old 05-30-2007, 04:24 PM
JK Freak

i noticed with the top off backing into my driveway posi-trac . 2 long black marks now in my driveway. i heard a screeeeech squeeeeeel

Quick Reply: Noise when shifting from park