Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Northridge bolt kit end all solution for death wobble?

Old 05-07-2012, 01:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Northridge bolt kit end all solution for death wobble?

I have a case of death wobble and it seems to slowly be getting worse. I am *Almost* stock. I have a shrockworks middy front bumper with a Warn 9.5Ti and a 1.5" daystar leveling kit in the front to level out after the added weight. Other than that my Jeep is bone stock. I am going to be lifting in a month or less, my aftermarket ball joints are on back order and I have to wait for them.

I don't want to sink any money in to stock parts seeing as a lot will be getting ripped out shortly. I did notice that my steering wheel is off center a few degrees. Nothing major, but off none the less. Was wondering if the bolt kit is a worthwhile investment or not? Lift Kit I'm installing is a Tera 4" Long Arm, not sure if I can transfer the bolt kit over to that after or?? This is on a 2009 Rubi Unlimited.
Old 05-07-2012, 02:41 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There's a super long thread on this with good pictures and videos. After reading that, ordering new bolts was a no brainier for me. I think the evidence s pretty clear that without the right bolts it's just a matter of time before you get erosion and play which ultimately lead to the wobble of death.

Quick Reply: Northridge bolt kit end all solution for death wobble?