Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Not another tire thread....well kinda

Old 01-16-2018, 05:14 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Not another tire thread....well kinda

I just bought a 2018 JK 2 door Oscar Mike edition and was wondering what's the largest tire I can put on stock wheels. I plan on putting a leveling kit on, but don't really want to lift it. My last Jeep had a 4" lift with 35's and I'm getting too old to climb up in something like that anymore!! I do plan on putting flat fenders on. I don't do any rock climbing or anything crazy, mostly just running trails. I also DON'T want to run spacers!! Thanks in advance!!!
Old 01-16-2018, 09:05 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

This has been answered hundreds of times over, but you can fit as large of a tire on the stock wheels as you can get mounted. I have run with a couple guys that had 37s on their stock wheels.

If you want it to fit without any modification or rubbing, then 32" is as big as you can go. Seriously. Most 33s will rub up front either on the sway bar or the plastic air dam. You can fit 35s with flat fenders, but there isn't enough backspacing on the wheels to let you steer very well. You can add washers to your steering stops to help there. Proper spacers are fine and there are thousands of people that have or do run with them safely. Just have to mind your torque settings.
Old 01-16-2018, 10:11 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Largest tire on stock wheels without spacers and (practically) no rubbing...34x10.50r17

https://www.4wheelparts.com/Tires/BF...&t_pn=BFG91644

Quick Reply: Not another tire thread....well kinda