Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Odd shifting?

Old 08-16-2017, 11:46 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Odd shifting?

Howdy,
I recently purchased two 2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimiteds one a Rubicon and the other a Cheif (Sahara trim). We got the Rubicon first and after only 800 miles the engine started knocking (see video link below) took it to the dealership, sat for 2 weeks before they got to it, can't get it to replicate the issue blah blah blah. Haven't had any issues come about yet another than a slight ticking that I've had on every Wrangler I've owned (had 3 two doors in the past, 2009, & 2X 2013'S). We then bought this Cheif with less than 800 miles is having a weird shifting issue from 1st to 2nd gear. The only way I can explain it is their is lack of power and feels like resistance when starting to drive that lasts for roughly a second or two. There have been no mods done to this one yet whatsoever and because of the issues we had with the last one I've really babied this thing during the breakin period. Any thoughts? Thinking of driving it this evening a few miles to see if it helps "break it in"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=il801E1hy3Q Thanks,
-Andrew
Update***
This is an automatic transmission.
Update***ABS, Traction control & Hills Descent warning lights came on before I couldn't even make it out of the driveway. This ones going to the stealership.Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4290.JPG
Views:	540
Size:	1.62 MB
ID:	674156

Last edited by TexasJeep2009; 08-17-2017 at 08:08 AM.
Old 08-17-2017, 03:12 AM
JK Enthusiast

that is a nasty tick
not a exhaust leak or pinging
get another dealer to look at it
Old 08-17-2017, 08:04 AM
JK Newbie

Update**** ABS, Traction control & Hills Descent warning lights came on before I couldn't even make it out of the driveway. This ones going to the stealership.

Quick Reply: Odd shifting?