Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Oddball power steering question (did the search and could not find)

Old 11-11-2017, 06:30 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Oddball power steering question (did the search and could not find)

OK in ( will use this term just to make my point) any normal rear when vehicle, when you power slide or skid in the snow/rain the back end with slide out and you counter steer to keep the vehicle moving in the same forward motion as you are trying to go. Typically when you initiate the slide (in this case left) you turn the wheels to the left and hammer it. The back end kicks out and you will have to quickly turn the wheels to the right to keep heading the direction you are going.

Now for the issue I just bought my 2017 JK and in my commute so far I have had a couple hairy take off's getting into traffic and have had this happen (no I am not expecting a performance vehicle) and when I cut the wheel to the left and hammer it, if it kicked out I immediately go to counter the steer to the right and it seems like my pressure is dead so the wheel gets supers stiff as to hit a dead spot in the power steering. I have read a lot how Jeep OVER pressures the ps pumps and wasn't sure if this being 5000 mile new the issue? Or is this just something to expect out of my jeep? OR is there even a fix for this? I dont necessarily want heavy duty as I dont think I will put anything over 33's on it so that should be the concern but even with stock tires right now it seems like the pump doesn't keep up.

Sorry for the long winded question I just wated to be thorough. Thanks for any helps guys/gals

Quick Reply: Oddball power steering question (did the search and could not find)