Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

OEM TIPM Study

Old 12-02-2017, 03:46 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2014 jk8

What a great thread ronjenx ! I took a quick look through your variety of posts! Your an incredible asset to this site! Im running some tests on my box out of a 2014 jk8 with a 0.2A paresetic draw I was left trying to find. the dash and all components out and only the main power wire installed to the battery and the fuse box. The draw remains with all fuses and relays out. I disconnected the 7 connectors on the bottom one at a time... The white connector marked 'A' on the bottom of the fuse box is where the draw leads too (you have it marked as "C1" on your diagram) any idea there this wiring group routes to?

Last edited by Flexxxycj; 12-02-2017 at 03:47 PM. Reason: Recognition...
Old 12-02-2017, 05:25 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 163 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by Flexxxycj
What a great thread ronjenx ! I took a quick look through your variety of posts! Your an incredible asset to this site! Im running some tests on my box out of a 2014 jk8 with a 0.2A paresetic draw I was left trying to find. the dash and all components out and only the main power wire installed to the battery and the fuse box. The draw remains with all fuses and relays out. I disconnected the 7 connectors on the bottom one at a time... The white connector marked 'A' on the bottom of the fuse box is where the draw leads too (you have it marked as "C1" on your diagram) any idea there this wiring group routes to?
Thanks. Too bad photobucket won't let the pictures link anymore.

I don't have the wiring diagram for a 2014 JK.

Last edited by ronjenx; 12-02-2017 at 05:29 PM.
Old 12-02-2017, 06:51 PM
JK Newbie

I was actually able to link to about 90% of the pictures from that thread from holding my finger down on the image and choosing "view image". it took me to your saved pic on Photobucket. Your pics are almost identical from your version to the newer version, except they're using different relays. The only difference is in the passenger side rear corner where they have put in a 30 amp fuse to control the relay adjacent to it which by memory may be the rad fan.
Anyways, I found something noteworthy... I ended up figuring out my main draw what's from my stereo which was Factory (2 amp draw - iod) so that I'm leaving out for now, and the 170 milliamp draw that I had from the plugs, underneath was only a 45 second draw before it shut down. But it actuated every time I did and amperage test..... So if you don't leave your amp meter connected for the full 45 seconds you do not have true reading of paramedic drain. The only reason I figured this out is I change the leads on my meter to clamps from the negative cable to the negative post since I did not have 4 hands (lol) while I was testing with a jumper, and I saw it drop... so I thought my lead fell off but it had not.... So every amp test is not true till 45 seconds in on a JK...
Old 11-11-2018, 11:42 AM
JK Newbie

Has anyone been able to isolate which TIPM components are for the Fog lights and turn signals?

My TIPM problem, right now, is that when I have the fog lights on and turn on the RIGHT turn signal the fog lights go out. LEFT turn signal does not create the same problem.

Other intermittent problems with the TIPM have been resolved with a reboot by shorting the battery leads together (when both are removed from the battery of course).

I've 40 years of experience troubleshooting and repairing electronic control systems but lacking a schematic for the TIPM and a wiring harness map (connector locations, numbers, etc) to match the wiring diagram I'm a little leery of tearing my daily driver apart. Has anyone gotten the schematic?

Thanks,
Rich

Thanks,
Rich
Old 01-02-2019, 12:07 PM
JK Newbie

Default TIPM Headlight diagram

If anyone needs more TIPM Diagrams I am willing to help. I have a PDF copy of the 2015-2016 FSM.

Last edited by Ken JKRubi and a XJ; 01-02-2019 at 02:33 PM. Reason: made a good photo of diagram
Old 01-04-2019, 08:30 AM
Super Moderator

Received 77 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by rkogden
Has anyone been able to isolate which TIPM components are for the Fog lights and turn signals?

My TIPM problem, right now, is that when I have the fog lights on and turn on the RIGHT turn signal the fog lights go out. LEFT turn signal does not create the same problem.

Other intermittent problems with the TIPM have been resolved with a reboot by shorting the battery leads together (when both are removed from the battery of course).

I've 40 years of experience troubleshooting and repairing electronic control systems but lacking a schematic for the TIPM and a wiring harness map (connector locations, numbers, etc) to match the wiring diagram I'm a little leery of tearing my daily driver apart. Has anyone gotten the schematic?

Thanks,
Rich

Thanks,
Rich
I just posted about this exact same thing. Does this mean my TIPM is bad? It was replaced by dealer a few years back. I would be super pissed if it went out again.
Old 01-06-2019, 05:04 AM
JK Newbie

maybe? my 2017 jku lost the tipm at 1yr and 12k miles, dealer had it for 2.5 weeks trying to figure it out. got the jeep back exactly 2 days and it took a crap in the car wash dealer had it 3.5 weeks the second time. tech told me there is no given length of time before it could go bad. this has been an issue as far back as 2007 in rams. you'd think fca could fix this in 11 years, wtf?
Old 01-06-2019, 06:50 AM
Super Moderator

Received 77 Likes on 71 Posts

This is crazy. I would just wonder since it's a problem that doesn't bother me can I just ignore it or is it showing that it's on it's way out again?
Old 01-06-2019, 07:00 AM
JK Newbie

cross your fingers and pray
Old 01-07-2019, 10:36 AM
JK Newbie

Default Cant see the Headlight diagram...

Originally Posted by Ken JKRubi and a XJ
If anyone needs more TIPM Diagrams I am willing to help. I have a PDF copy of the 2015-2016 FSM.

Ken, there wasn't an attached PDF or photo that I could access in your post. If you have the diagram for the heater/AC control circuits that would be helpful as well.

Thanks, Rich

Quick Reply: OEM TIPM Study