Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Ok so i found the leak...now what?

Old 01-07-2012, 11:27 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ok so i found the leak...now what?

I found a leaking tranny line that runs from the tranny to the radiator. It's the lower line and I'm not sure if I can repair it or if it needs to be replaced all together.

I'm sure it's a high pressure hose. But was hoping if anybody has replaced it before if they could let me know where to relieve the pressure. Ill be doing it myself. Because I get bent over every time I go to the dealership! Lol. As a matter of fact they slapped me with a 90 diagnostic fee and said my ext warranty didn't cover it. A**holes!!!
Anyways...
If anyone has any insight on this and if it's repairable instead of replaceable. Please let me know.

Thanks
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-4021853209.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	35.8 KB
ID:	260636   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3452868440.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	23.6 KB
ID:	260637   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1876819486.jpg
Views:	125
Size:	30.8 KB
ID:	260638  
Old 01-07-2012, 11:29 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There is a recall, plug your VIN in here and see if its apart of it, most likely is, mine took them less than an hour to replace and all better now.

ht tp://www.chrysler.com/webselfservice/chrysler/index.jsp?screenName=recall
Old 01-07-2012, 11:59 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Jgmz82 OIIIIIO
I found a leaking tranny line that runs from the tranny to the radiator. It's the lower line and I'm not sure if I can repair it or if it needs to be replaced all together.

I'm sure it's a high pressure hose. But was hoping if anybody has replaced it before if they could let me know where to relieve the pressure. Ill be doing it myself. Because I get bent over every time I go to the dealership! Lol. As a matter of fact they slapped me with a 90 diagnostic fee and said my ext warranty didn't cover it. A**holes!!!
Anyways...
If anyone has any insight on this and if it's repairable instead of replaceable. Please let me know.

Thanks
I think that should be covered cause it's a recall issue. Also, may be a fire hazard (depending on location of leak) so I would go to another dealer and have them look at it asap.
Old 01-07-2012, 12:04 PM
JK Junkie

X3 on the recall. Had mine replaced a month ago under warranty from the dealership...
Old 01-07-2012, 12:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

I hate thos style of lines, they are always leaking eventually but this would far too early and if there is a problem with it I hope you get it sorted out. Anyone have the recall number for this issue so the OP can take it in with him?

If you do end up doing this yourself the transmission lines are not going to have any pressure in it enough to come out in a huge gush or anything. If its the one that leads to your rad it's a cooler line and easy to do. Just make sure you have the exact size wrench and use a line wrench if you have one, I find they are easier to get on lines of this type. I have not looked at these but depending on the fitting sometimes one end is held in place as well with a 'C' shaped clip that you will need to pry out with a pick, don't lose it just in case the new line does not come with one. Any issues at all send me a PM and I will dig up the info on Mitchell for you.
Old 01-08-2012, 06:42 PM
JK Enthusiast

Appreciate all the help. If anyone has the recall number. If you could let me know.

I went to the service center at the dealership and they turned me away and said there's no recall. But I can't stand any of them. They're a bunch of dumbasses!! Nobody has any interest in helping you. Until your there to buy a car!!! Then they won't leave you alone!
Old 01-08-2012, 07:22 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Jgmz82 OIIIIIO
Appreciate all the help. If anyone has the recall number. If you could let me know.

I went to the service center at the dealership and they turned me away and said there's no recall. But I can't stand any of them. They're a bunch of dumbasses!! Nobody has any interest in helping you. Until your there to buy a car!!! Then they won't leave you alone!
It is the L05....

Originally Posted by aldaman
Just picked up the JK from the dealership. Had the Transmission lines L05 recall done....

Old 01-08-2012, 09:02 PM
JK Newbie

Be very careful with pressurized line leaks. They seem like small leaks at first, but when they do go all the way bad, they do so in a very big hurry. There typically aren't fixes for these types of lines long term. I know that another poster said it wasn't likely to gush fluid and I've not had this particular line go, but I've been stranded with a similar issue on another vehicle. My .02

Quick Reply: Ok so i found the leak...now what?