Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Operating Temperature

Old 11-09-2010, 04:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Operating Temperature

The other day it was 29 degrees and I warmed up the Jeep before I began my 4 mile drive home. I was wearing shorts and t-shirt so I needed some warmth. The temp gauge never registered past the 10 o clock mark and that was after the drive. My 2010 only had 400 miles at the time. My 2009 would quickly make it to the 12 o clock position during the same drive and way earlier. The cooling fan wasn't running. Today I went for a drive and the temp gauge wouldn't go past the 10 o clock position for awhile then it would go to the 12 o clock position. I went through several environmental temperature changes (60-74) and that gauge went between the two positions. Once the temperature was constant the gauge stayed at the 12 o clock position. Weird or what? Thermostat problem maybe?
Old 11-09-2010, 04:32 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

air lock/bubble?
burp your baby damit!!
Old 11-10-2010, 02:13 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

perhaps the thermostat is opening a little soon.. doesnt sound like an airlock..

my 2010 goes right to 12 o clock and stays there on warm days... on the 23 degree morning we had the other day with the heater on high in town it will take a few minutes to go from 10 to 12.. the heater pulls heat from the engine so it can delay the full warm up of the engine...

-Christopher

Quick Reply: Operating Temperature