Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Owners Manual Confussion??

Old 03-17-2007, 09:36 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Owners Manual Confussion??

Hey guys, I don't usually post much, but i've been reading your posts and there's something a little confussing to me about the traction control and the ESP. I know this subject has been beat to death quite a bit, but here's my problem.

The manual says that the traction control has a function that mimics LSD that cannot be turned OFF (within other features.) So what other features does it have?

Is it the oversteer, understeer correction? But that is listed under the ESP heading.

So if you hit the ESP button once, what traction control features do you turn off? If it is the oversteer-understeer correction, then what is it that you turn off when you hit the button for 5 seconds? Would you be then turning off the roll mitigation and the brake assist?

Finally, what happens to the ABS in all these cenarios? Specially when you are on part-time 4HI?

I'm thinking on purchasing a Rubi and wanna know what all the systems do.

Thanks a lot for your help, it's a great forum!

m.
Old 07-08-2008, 11:56 AM
Ben
JK Freak

Sounds like you need this post...

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...k+differential
Old 07-08-2008, 06:51 PM
JK Freak

Default Great info

Originally Posted by Ben
Just read your linked post.

Very well put. I appreciate you sharing your knowledge.

Thank you.

Bill

Quick Reply: Owners Manual Confussion??