Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

P06dd????

Old 04-16-2023, 04:52 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default P06dd????

Hello. New to the forum. I have a 2012 Sahara 3.6. Throwing the p06dd code. I changed the oil cooler, it was leaking and the tower was broke so I upgraded to the 2014+ aluminum one. Didn’t fix the problem. I am about to changed the oil pump, but I am a bit confused. The code will only come on when I’m wheeling in snow and hold my rpm’s high. For 5-10 sec. But if the pump solenoid should change to high after 3200 rpm then the code should be thrown all the time? I can run all day wheeling at 4-5thousand rpm. But soon as I need to push a little harder it’ll throw the code and derate me. Am I thinking about this wrong? Wanna change the pump, but I’m assuming it’s working as it should if I can run over 3200 without the code popping up. Any advice would be greatly appreciated
Old 04-17-2023, 05:12 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,834 Likes on 1,603 Posts

I don't have a lot of explanation for your specific situation and what you're seeing with the rpms, but I think just about every time I've seen people pop in with that code the remedy has been a new oil pump. That said, people are also terrible at following up so don't always get a great conclusion to their situation. Curious to see if someone else has a good explanation for you.....
Old 04-17-2023, 06:30 AM
JK Newbie

Thanks for your reply, I’ll replace solenoid or pump hopefully that solves the issue and I’ll follow up forsure👍
Old 05-06-2024, 03:02 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by tashA123
Hello. New to the forum. I have a 2012 Sahara 3.6. Throwing the p06dd code. I changed the oil cooler, it was leaking and the tower was broke so I upgraded to the 2014+ aluminum one. Didn’t fix the problem. I am about to changed the oil pump, but I am a bit confused. The code will only come on when I’m wheeling in snow and hold my rpm’s high. For 5-10 sec. But if the pump solenoid should change to high after 3200 rpm then the code should be thrown all the time? I can run all day wheeling at 4-5thousand rpm. But soon as I need to push a little harder it’ll throw the code and derate me. Am I thinking about this wrong? Wanna change the pump, but I’m assuming it’s working as it should if I can run over 3200 without the code popping up. Any advice would be greatly appreciated
hi, I have changed oil cooler housing, oil pressure sensor and oil pump and I’m still getting that code, difference is I now only get it at a cold start or if the jeep has sat off for hours. Wondering if you find a fix?

Quick Reply: P06dd????