Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

P06DD Code on 3.6

Old 12-08-2020, 12:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

My 2012 JKU started throwing this code randomly in March, now it won't stay off for more than a few minutes when I reset it. I don't love seeing the hit-or-miss success people are having even when they replace the oil pump and sensor, which seems like an expensive fix to just see if it stops the problem or not. REALLY don't like going into limp mode when I'm trying to merge with Texas 85+ MPH traffic.
Old 12-20-2020, 09:00 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Got flow chart from Jeep......Went thru changing oil and making sure oil was correct oil weight and problem went away.....no more code for some time now.....
Old 01-21-2021, 08:41 AM
JK Newbie

For the love of God someone please tell me what to do.
2014 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited with P06DD code
Brand new oil cooler with oil pressure sensor, direct OEM replacement
Oil Pump replaced @ 111,901 miles, current mileage 114,795
Cleared code and it returns everytime very promptly after about 2-4 miles of driving

What are my next steps?
Old 01-22-2021, 05:05 AM
JK Newbie

Wish I could help. Put in correct weight oil and used oem oil filter and code stopped. We had the oil cooler and sensor replaced before this...I find with nagging problems "Just Ask" mechanics very helpful. They have Jeep experts. (That costs about $40 bucks ) PS Did not have to replace oil pump....Dealer has flow chart for mechanics to correct problem....
Old 02-20-2021, 05:09 PM
JK Newbie

Default Same!

Repair shop has installed new oil cooler and oil pump....problem still persists! I myself have cleaned up all grounds...I am thinking my next step is to run a wires for the sensor directly to the pcm and see what happens...can’t get much worse!
Old 02-28-2021, 09:34 AM
JK Newbie

Starting getting this code too. I had the driver's side head replaced at the dealership about 700 miles ago. I don't know if it could be related, but I'm guessing they are going to be no help regardless. I might start with an oil change even though they supposedly did one when they did the head. I wish there was some way to see the oil pressure to help diagnose. I've asked around, but can seem to find a solution for that.
Old 02-28-2021, 10:18 AM
Super Moderator

Received 470 Likes on 422 Posts

Put good oil in!! You will be surprised. And use a premium filter such as Wix/NAPA Gold (made by Wix). Pumps wear a bit from new so flow is really important. Sensors almost never fail all they do is detect and tell the ECM what they see. Then the ECM reacts accordingly. Funny how people think the problem is always a sensor.
Old 03-01-2021, 01:18 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I always use good oil and always used OEM filters. People think it's a sensor problem because even Jeep knows that it usually is. The dealership knew when I mentioned it. Anyway I had them replace the oil cooler (with sensor) and oil pump and haven't had a problem since. My JK was over 100,000 miles so I figured I'd just get both potential issues solved.
Old 03-10-2021, 11:55 AM
JK Newbie

Update. I took it back to the dealer that did the head swap. I noticed on the way there the check engine light had gone out. They said they would look at it. Then they charged me $100 diagnostic to tell me I needed a new oil pump. They quoted me for $2300 for the oil pump. But that included doing the oil filter housing as well. Obviously I'm not going that route. They said there was nothing that they could’ve done with the head swap that would’ve caused it. Anyhow, I still think it’s possible they nicked a wire or something right by the oil cooler.

Long story short, the check engine light is still out, but it’s still showing a code after a couple of days and several trips. I would think eventually the check engine light would come back on, or the code would go away, right?

Last edited by 99tntj; 03-10-2021 at 12:08 PM.
Old 03-20-2021, 03:21 PM
JK Newbie

Default P06dd

Got this code yesterday already had oil cooler housing and sensor replaced a couple of months ago so almost definitely the oil pump found just the solenoid on rock auto should I replace the whole pump or try just the solenoid any advice appreciated.

Quick Reply: P06DD Code on 3.6