Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Panel storage

Old 03-12-2010, 09:22 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Panel storage

Where do you guys store your freedom top panels when you are driving around? I am speaking of inside the Jeep?

I was thinking about getting two beach towels and some ratchet straps to tie the panels down in the bakc of my 2 door that does not have a back seat. What do you think?
Old 03-12-2010, 09:50 AM
JK Super Freak

That would work. I have a bag that I put them in, which then stands up behind the rear seat. Works pretty well.
Old 03-12-2010, 09:50 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The panels fit perfectly (tightly) behind the seat in the 2 door. In other words, it's designed to carry the panels inside the jeep with 4 people inside. I bought the Mopar freedom top bag because I was worried about the panel weather stripping being dammaged. I figured if I could show the dealer I was using their panel bag to protect the panels, they would be more likely to cover any damage to the gaskets. The bag has worked great. I'd recommend it to anyone. They can be found online for low prices.
I also have the mopar freedom top panel carrier that mounts to the spare tire. IT"S FANTASTIC! Space is limited in the 2 door, so moving the panels outside the Jeep works great.
Old 03-12-2010, 09:52 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here are two options. I have the 2nd one. Attaches to the back of the rear row.

http://www.jeepworld.com/accessories...topcarrier.htm
Old 03-12-2010, 09:52 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by IcyFridge
Where do you guys store your freedom top panels when you are driving around? I am speaking of inside the Jeep?

I was thinking about getting two beach towels and some ratchet straps to tie the panels down in the bakc of my 2 door that does not have a back seat. What do you think?
there is a mopar bag you can buy for about $100 i dont know exactly coz when i bought some rubi rims and tires off a guy he threw in the bag but it has a strap that goes around the back seat headrests and clips for the bottom and inside it has a cloth divider works awesome stores them securely to the back seat and keeps them from scratching each other....if you want to go cheap a couple beach towels and ratchet straps would do the same just not as estetically pleasing.
Old 03-12-2010, 10:05 AM
JK Enthusiast

I did something similar with the panels on my 4 door. Instead of beach towels though, I picked up a military surplus blanket. Folded in half lengthwise, I'm able to lay one panel on it, fold the other half of the blanket over the top of that panel, then lay the second panel on that. Then use tie down straps to secure them to the back of the rear seats.

Works pretty slick actually. I'd get some pics for you, but it's only 37 outside...
Old 03-12-2010, 11:46 AM
JK Jedi

A thought I had was to buy MBRP hardtop rack and then you could place the panels on the roof tied down.... But I don't have the extra $$$$ around currently.

Last edited by RevyJKU08; 03-12-2010 at 11:49 AM.
Old 03-12-2010, 12:47 PM
JK Junkie

Remember guys, I do not have a back seat. I will be laying the panels FLAT on the cargo floor. My father is looking for his panel bag from MOPAR. He never uses it, so I can get it from him.

Next week, ALL of the weather seals on my entire top is being replaced. Too much leaks and the dealer is covering it under warranty.
Old 03-12-2010, 01:23 PM
JK Freak

Threw one of my canvas boat tarps in back and wrapped them up in that.
Old 07-19-2010, 11:47 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Has anyone tried the Mopar carrier? I'd like a little outside space. I'm just afraid the door is too weak for much weight. I hunt a good bit and wouldn't really want a dozen bloody geese in the cab with me.

Quick Reply: Panel storage