Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Passenger seat back won't latch?

Old 06-18-2011, 01:43 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Passenger seat back won't latch?

We put the passenger seat forward to access the back seat, and now it won't latch back into place.

If I hold the seat back in place and pull the handle forward, it *kinda* catches, but just barely, and seems to pop loose almost right away.

Anyone else having this problem or fixed it?
Old 06-19-2011, 12:34 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Have you tried shoving it back as far as it will go by hand. I have found that no matter where you had it sitting before you pulled it forward that you have to shove it as far back as it will go before it will latch again. Pretty strange way to have a seat setup. I got tired of dealing with the whole thing and just removed the rear seat altogether and now I have lots of room and never need to move the pass seat.
Old 06-21-2011, 02:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've tried that to no avail. I'm about to pull the seat and tear into it unless someone else can offer suggestions?

Quick Reply: Passenger seat back won't latch?