Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Passenger Side Leak When Running A/C

Old 04-29-2014, 02:37 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Passenger Side Leak When Running A/C

When I run my air conditioning I am getting a ton of water coming back into the cab under the dash and running onto the passenger side floor. I suspect the A/C condensate drain is blocked or out of place. Any additional advice or tips to attempt to fix the issue? Does anyone have pictures of the location of the drain? Thanks.
Old 04-29-2014, 02:58 AM
JK Enthusiast

I agree with the blockage/ drain hose disconnected. I'll try to get a picture of the area tonight after work, unless someoe else pops in with a photo. My bet is that it just came loose, but who knows.
Old 04-29-2014, 06:09 AM
JK Enthusiast

If it is antifreeze dripping in it is your heater core. Typically it leaks into passenger side floor board.

The heater core is pressured up any time the engine is running.
Old 04-29-2014, 01:39 PM
JK Newbie

It is not antifreeze and only happens when the A/C is on--not when engine is running. I greatly appreciate your help and comments. Please post pic when you get a chance. Thanks again to both of you.

Rob

Quick Reply: Passenger Side Leak When Running A/C