Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Passenger's Side Floor Wet

Old 12-13-2011, 04:50 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Takin mine in tmr. Is there a tsb for this? It still leaked heavily with my hardtop on. A little water is fine, but am inch of standing water ain't cool
Old 12-21-2011, 07:09 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by plroussel
I have a 2012, with the hard top, only 350 miles. Never took the freedom tops off. I have a damp, carpet on the passenger side, but near the seat belt post, saw a few drops on my arm rest wile driving. My foot well is bone dry, as well as the roll bars, and seat. Just the section near the base of the seat, in between the footwell, and seat belt post. Plastic door trim on the bottom seems dry on the inside as well. Any ideas?
Same issue for me. I inspected it during the rain last night. The butyl on the top left corner seemed to be the culprit. If I pressed on it, it would actually release water and I clould see where it ran down the door trim and onto the carpet at about the middle of the door. I've only taken my hard top off once to take the soft top out. My freedom panels are not perfectly lined up with one another I noticed. The passenger side is slightly forward of the driver side. I'm going to release all the latches, line them up and re-latch everything to see if that fixes the issue.
Old 12-21-2011, 07:34 AM
JK Enthusiast

Fixed this problem on mine. Rubber seal around door was coming loose on the bottom of the door. Might be because of the entry guards that I added. Cleaned the door were the rubber meets and applied out door doublesided tape. Did this about 3 months ago and have not had any water since.
Old 12-21-2011, 09:32 AM
JK Freak

getting mine back today from dealership, they've had it 4 days...yeah 4. oh well, if its fixed thats ok since its warranty work
Old 12-21-2011, 09:55 AM
JK Enthusiast

I've had mine in 5 times,,, well this last time I thought we fixed it,,, they checked the door , the top and what's ya know it rained today and it's already getting wet !!
Old 01-13-2012, 08:18 AM
JK Enthusiast

I'm having the same issue with my 2011, I pulled the seal off and put it back on and it seems to fix it under normal rain conditions, however last night we had rain and strong gusts and it blew water inside the jeep.
Old 01-13-2012, 05:15 PM
JK Enthusiast

Well just to add another post in this thread....I just discovered tonight while I was vaccuuming my '11 that all of my carpets were soaked left to right and front to way back in the cargo area. I pulled all the carpets and found mold. I obviously have a leak somewhere that is sneaking in. I thought that I had gotten lucky with my Jeep, but I was wrong. I have only owned the Jeep for 5 months so F me. Anyhow, I guess that I will call the stealership and see what words of wisdom they have to say. I pulled all the carpets and will go without till the Line X man visits my Jeep.
Old 01-13-2012, 05:55 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by CACHE KRAWLER
Well just to add another post in this thread....I just discovered tonight while I was vaccuuming my '11 that all of my carpets were soaked left to right and front to way back in the cargo area. I pulled all the carpets and found mold. I obviously have a leak somewhere that is sneaking in. I thought that I had gotten lucky with my Jeep, but I was wrong. I have only owned the Jeep for 5 months so F me. Anyhow, I guess that I will call the stealership and see what words of wisdom they have to say. I pulled all the carpets and will go without till the Line X man visits my Jeep.
Are your drain plugs in?
Old 02-02-2012, 02:53 PM
JK Enthusiast

Man this sucks!! I have 800 miles on mine and driver floor soaked
Old 02-02-2012, 05:36 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by prorsx
Ok after safford dodge jeep and chrysler had my jeep for 3 days to fix the leak on the passenger side front floor board and replace my driver side front headlight that had enough water in it to keep a gold fish alive. Well i got it iback on friday and on saturday it rained all day my jeep didnt move all day so on sunday i go outside and well the floor board is soaked...WTF 30k for a new jeep and they cant fix a leak that apparently alot of people have.

They tried to fix it by putting a bead of clear silicone along the top front seal.....WTF thats not going to fix a leak on the passenger side.

So i guess ill be calling jeep and getting another appointment with their so called leak technician....

At least they fixed the headlight
Hear you on that 41k for mine and leaks!!!

Quick Reply: Passenger's Side Floor Wet