Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Pitman arm broke while driving (with pic)

Old 02-11-2016, 12:36 PM
JK Junkie

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Default whewwwww

:geeze : if that had happened where we have seen some of ( mark d) videos footage in places that show no room for errors such as cliffs
it would be
see ya in china

Last edited by jeepmojo; 02-11-2016 at 12:39 PM.
Old 02-11-2016, 12:57 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Update:

I have another identical 2011 JK as wel as a 2013 JKU(all are used for rentals ~10 weeks per year). The other 2011 was about ready to go as well. The end link could barely move at all. Almost completely seized up. The 2013 looks okay but it has half the miles of the other two.
Old 05-04-2024, 04:00 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP! Idk if it's that

I was at dunkin donuts and 3 older men came running out to me to tell me not 2 drive my POS jeep. I said why???? There's a long looks plastic black piece with like a big hole at the end. He said that if I drive I will very well lose my steering and I needed to bolt it back up and it's veryyyyyyy dangerous to drive. I did anyways bcuz I don't have 250$ to have it towed literally less than half a mile. So I don't know what it is called? Maybe a steering arm?? It's kinda near the tire. He said it could hit the tire or something. They scared me so bad!!!! I don't have a man around right now it's just me and my 7 yr old son. I ended up with the jeep due to my mom suddenly dying and not putting my car in my name instead of hers. So needless to say bye bye Chrysler 200 L. What do I do. Can i drive it to advanced auto??
Old 05-04-2024, 04:52 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 80 Likes on 70 Posts

NinaGirl, first take a deep breath and chill....... think clearly. Driving to advance auto will do no good as they will not work on your jeep. They might point out your issue but it just means you will need to drive to another shop to have it fixed. I would not move the jeep again until you can find someone to check and see if it would be safe enough to drive to repair shop. Maybe call a mobile mechanic to come over and check it out. You may not have money for a tow but you will need money to replace any bad parts for sure. Sounds like a TRE issue on the drag link or possibly the track bar. When you drove home did the jeep wander all over the road? how much looseness did you feel in the steering?
The following 2 users liked this post by XJRefugee:
Jay2013jk (05-04-2024), resharp001 (05-04-2024)
Old 05-04-2024, 07:41 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,834 Likes on 1,603 Posts

Pictures, pictures, pictures please. we need to see what we're dealing with.
Old 05-05-2024, 03:55 AM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Smile

Drag link TRE. Its a wearable part. Get a greaseable replacement and check at every oil change. And Yes ditch the Steering stabilizer. You will feel issues before they are real issues...

Quick Reply: Pitman arm broke while driving (with pic)