Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Please help

Old 05-05-2021, 08:13 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Please help

I have a 07 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Unlimited and I just purchased this vehicle and yet to get to enjoy it. These two irritating lights keep coming on electronic throttle and traction control and it causes me to lose power. I changed the throttle body, drive train module, crankshaft sensor and still coming on 2nd month and still haven’t drove it more than 3days. I’m ready to run it into a tree.
Old 05-05-2021, 11:11 AM
Super Moderator

Received 113 Likes on 103 Posts

What cel codes are you getting?
Old 05-05-2021, 12:21 PM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,853 Likes on 1,622 Posts

Quick guess here is an ABS sensor throwing codes in ABS and Tranny modules. You need a reader that can scan those modules and see what the specific codes are. Something like the Jscan app and BT dongle work great as a cheap setup, but many others are out there. Since I don't use their service, I'm not sure if the local parts stores read more than basic OBDII codes, or if they can give you the codes to the deeper modules.
Old 05-06-2021, 07:27 AM
JK Newbie

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Do this for the Throttle which should help someThrottle/pedal calibration procedure. I've seen this same procedure in multiple forum posts, but have never seen the original source of this procedure referenced. I'm guessing it's from some non-publicly-accessible technical service documentation:

throttle Calibration Procedure:

Throttle calibration can substantially improve throttle responsiveness over "factory standard." Many people notice what appears to be sluggish throttle response or a "dead area" at initial accelerator depression. Throttle calibration can take care of these.

1) Insert ignition key and turn to "ON" (not start).

2) Wait for all idiot lights to go out. Check Engine Light may remain on.

3) Slowly depress the accelerator pedal all the way to the floor.

4) Slowly release the accelerator pedal until it's all the way back up.

5) Turn the ignition key to "OFF".

6) Start the engine.

Most drivers notice an immediate change in throttle response, but depending on your driving style, you may need to repeat this procedure periodically due to the computer's adaptive programming. You likely need to repeat this procedure any time the battery is disconnected.

From <https://www.wranglerforum.com/thread...ration.888666/>
Old 05-06-2021, 07:30 AM
JK Newbie

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

The traction control issue is usually tied to wheel sensors. Until you get that fixed, here is a work around. If it pops up and goes into safe mode, pull over stop the car, open the door, close and re-start. The light should go off or may take a few minutes. Immediately turn off traction control down by the gear shift. The rear wheel sensors go bad first usually and they are easy to replace. Quadratec has a good list of them and instructions.

2007-2018 Jeep Wrangler JK Sensors | Quadratec

If it is your rear wheel sensor and you drive a JK this is what I bought. Crown Automotive 52125003AB Rear Wheel Speed Sensor for 07-18 Jeep Wrangler JK & 08-12 Liberty KK | Quadratec

Last edited by JonesboroJeep; 05-06-2021 at 07:38 AM.

Quick Reply: Please help