Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

power steering

Old 02-10-2024, 11:45 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default power steering

I have a 2007 Wrangler, I was experiencing difficulty steering left or right into parking spaces. I flushed the steering system and added new fluid. I am still getting a little bit of tightness turning at low speed occasionally. Any tips?
Old 02-10-2024, 07:09 PM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,827 Likes on 1,597 Posts

The one thing that comes to mind is that the inner teflon lining on the power steering lines to the steering box have been known to slip, allowing the teflon liner to slide further into the box and block the fluid passage. Assuming the pump is working properly, you have proper fluid level, and that the box itself is ok, that is the only other thing i can really think of unless for some random reason the steering stabilizer is bend and binding.
Old 02-11-2024, 12:17 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 361 Likes on 269 Posts

You may need to replace the power steering pump. That is what fixed my similar issue years ago. A professional mechanic friend of mine told me it's easy to damage the PS pump because they are now made with plastic interior parts that bend when overheated. And mine happened after using the front locker. I thought the locker was not disengaging, LOL.

Quick Reply: power steering