Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

power window

Old 03-07-2019, 04:34 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default power window

I have a 2010 jk rubicon, The left power window will not go down, It was working fine until last week. Then it started having trouble going up and down. now it won't go down at all. I checked the plug to the motor it gets power in the up position but not in the down position any ideas on what the problem is. Thank in Advance
Old 03-11-2019, 10:20 AM
Super Moderator

Received 78 Likes on 72 Posts

Could be you need a new motor and regulator. My girlfriends 04 grand Cherokee eats a regulator about once every 2 years. It's a pretty simple process and fix. I prefer the AC Delco motor and regulator. You might not need both but they sell it as a package and it's better to put both in with a high quality product so you don't have to do it again later. I haven't had to do it for my JK yet but I've done 3 now on her WJ. With the quality parts I've never had an issue having to go back in again. They were replaced by a mechanic years ago and every time I pull one out it's a TYC brand which is half the price but seems like she only got about 5 years out of them before they broke. Only one left on hers that isn't AC Delco is passenger side window. Motors are much stronger and faster in a quality product too.

Quick Reply: power window