JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion

JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/)
-   Stock JK Tech (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/stock-jk-tech-12/)
-   -   Power windows n locks? (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/stock-jk-tech-12/power-windows-n-locks-210283/)

jdanthony 12-22-2011 05:35 PM

Power windows n locks?

Hey guys,, im finally getting my 2 door bought back and now ihave to make a choice so im seeing if it really matters i guess n what to see what you guys think about power windows n locks? do i really need them? i ask because i can really cut some cost on the price of the jeep. i already have rims n tires so that dont matter either ,,, any feed back would help :beer:

jsears 12-22-2011 06:10 PM

Originally Posted by jdanthony
Hey guys,, im finally getting my 2 door bought back and now ihave to make a choice so im seeing if it really matters i guess n what to see what you guys think about power windows n locks? do i really need them? i ask because i can really cut some cost on the price of the jeep. i already have rims n tires so that dont matter either ,,, any feed back would help :beer:

If I owned a 2 door I don't think I would care much. With a 4 door power all the way.

Croce 12-22-2011 06:27 PM

I like power locks because it also locks the tailgate rather than using a key, which i think would be PITA since i use my tailgate constantly as thats where i keep a majority of my tools..plus i couldnt consitute spending 30k+ on a vehicle and not getting power locks and windows

StuFarmer 12-22-2011 06:43 PM

Keyless entry is manditory for me.

Jtrain496 12-22-2011 06:56 PM

No power on the 2 door doesn't bother me. I would want power with a 4 door.

jdanthony 12-22-2011 07:07 PM

I'm def gonna be picking up a 4 door, I'm fed up with my 2 door it's been a mess since I've had it, is there anything else u guys would recommend getting? I'm gonna try n build it to get what I need n leave the other stuff out, In a nut shell I can't wait to get it in the mud!! I got a set of 325/65/18's already waiting!

OverlandJKU 12-22-2011 07:27 PM

I have a pretty stripped out X. I don't mind rolling down a window. I also know the window motors will never get slow or break. Power locks on the other hand are the only option I wish I had. It's a pain walking around the jeep and locking all the doors when going shopping etc....

KY JK 12-22-2011 07:31 PM

Moving from a TJ to the JK the power option has been GREAT!! NOT having to remember to lock the back with keyless is nice but the not cranking, folding or sliding windows in a drive thru is the BEST! No leaning over to unlock the passenger door either.

OoPEZoO 12-23-2011 03:38 AM

My JK is manual everything

I could care less about power windows in a 2-door. In a 4-door, I think I would want them.

As far as power locks.......I miss them every time its raining, every time I need to open the tailgate, and every time I'm parked in a dark area. Last night, it was dark out, pouring down rain, and I had my hands full of stuff that needed to get put in the back. Of course it was locked. Had to fiddle with my stupid keys in the rain. Damn I miss power locks and remote entry. After last night, installing power locks is now my #1 project for this year.

grayandashleyunlimited 12-23-2011 03:57 AM

I have had a 4 door and now a 2 door, both have been manual windows and locks. I have had absolutely no issues with either. When the doors are off and you have no top on it is though to use power windows and locks. Honestly I wish I had gone with half doors.