Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Power windows n locks?

Old 12-22-2011, 05:35 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Power windows n locks?

Hey guys,, im finally getting my 2 door bought back and now ihave to make a choice so im seeing if it really matters i guess n what to see what you guys think about power windows n locks? do i really need them? i ask because i can really cut some cost on the price of the jeep. i already have rims n tires so that dont matter either ,,, any feed back would help
Old 12-22-2011, 06:10 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jdanthony
Hey guys,, im finally getting my 2 door bought back and now ihave to make a choice so im seeing if it really matters i guess n what to see what you guys think about power windows n locks? do i really need them? i ask because i can really cut some cost on the price of the jeep. i already have rims n tires so that dont matter either ,,, any feed back would help
If I owned a 2 door I don't think I would care much. With a 4 door power all the way.
Old 12-22-2011, 06:27 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I like power locks because it also locks the tailgate rather than using a key, which i think would be PITA since i use my tailgate constantly as thats where i keep a majority of my tools..plus i couldnt consitute spending 30k+ on a vehicle and not getting power locks and windows

Last edited by Croce; 12-22-2011 at 06:31 PM.
Old 12-22-2011, 06:43 PM
JK Enthusiast

Keyless entry is manditory for me.
Old 12-22-2011, 06:56 PM
JK Newbie

No power on the 2 door doesn't bother me. I would want power with a 4 door.
Old 12-22-2011, 07:07 PM
JK Enthusiast

I'm def gonna be picking up a 4 door, I'm fed up with my 2 door it's been a mess since I've had it, is there anything else u guys would recommend getting? I'm gonna try n build it to get what I need n leave the other stuff out, In a nut shell I can't wait to get it in the mud!! I got a set of 325/65/18's already waiting!
Old 12-22-2011, 07:27 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have a pretty stripped out X. I don't mind rolling down a window. I also know the window motors will never get slow or break. Power locks on the other hand are the only option I wish I had. It's a pain walking around the jeep and locking all the doors when going shopping etc....
Old 12-22-2011, 07:31 PM
JK Freak

Moving from a TJ to the JK the power option has been GREAT!! NOT having to remember to lock the back with keyless is nice but the not cranking, folding or sliding windows in a drive thru is the BEST! No leaning over to unlock the passenger door either.
Old 12-23-2011, 03:38 AM
JK Freak

My JK is manual everything

I could care less about power windows in a 2-door. In a 4-door, I think I would want them.

As far as power locks.......I miss them every time its raining, every time I need to open the tailgate, and every time I'm parked in a dark area. Last night, it was dark out, pouring down rain, and I had my hands full of stuff that needed to get put in the back. Of course it was locked. Had to fiddle with my stupid keys in the rain. Damn I miss power locks and remote entry. After last night, installing power locks is now my #1 project for this year.
Old 12-23-2011, 03:57 AM
JK Enthusiast

I have had a 4 door and now a 2 door, both have been manual windows and locks. I have had absolutely no issues with either. When the doors are off and you have no top on it is though to use power windows and locks. Honestly I wish I had gone with half doors.

Quick Reply: Power windows n locks?