Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Problems with windows.

Old 10-18-2014, 12:20 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Problems with windows.

I'm not even sure if this belongs in this part of the thread but oh well.

For a few months now I've been having a problem with the passenger side window on my 2011 JKU. Sometime's it will roll down by itself when I pressed the button, sometimes it will only roll down if I roll down the drivers side window at the same time & sometimes it won't roll down at all. When it doesn't roll down, it makes a sound like it almost wants to roll down but it won't. I have no idea what the issue is since it's the problem happens off and on. I've been putting off taking it to the local dealership to get it looked at. Any ideas on what the issue could be?

Also, does anyone else's jeeps windows seem like they could easily be pulled out or is it just mine? When I was tinting my windows with my brother this summer, it seemed like we could literally pull out the drivers and passenger side windows out. & whenever I roll down the drivers side window, it makes a weird noise that I don't know how to explain.

Quick Reply: Problems with windows.