Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Puzzled about ECO

Old 09-24-2011, 04:20 PM
Vin
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ranjr
My ECO light is on almost all the time and I'm still getting 14 mpg in my '12 Rubi with 4.10s. I can make it come on right above 5 mph and then accelerate to 50+ with it on the entire time. Granted I'm not wining any 0-60 races but I can usually keep up with traffic.
The ECO light is always on. You want to see ECO ON. When you see ECO ON you are driving economically (Basically down hill with a good tail wind)
Old 09-25-2011, 05:43 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rpompea
There are issues with the Eco light on the 6speed manual. Think of the ECO as an economy light, it comes on to tell you your getting the best milage. Mine would only come on during deceleration and then only for a second. When I took it to the dealer they flashed the computer to shut it off as that was what the TSB said to do. Figures, they could not get it to work properly so they deactivated it.
x2

I have a 2010 manual and have the same thing happen. It shows up with the jeep off but I can't get to it if I have it running. My brother had an early model year 2010 with manual trans and the eco mode worked. It kind of screwed up driving with the manual. It would cut fuel whenever he shifted. I think that is why they got rid of it for manual trans.
Old 09-25-2011, 05:46 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

FWIW, my 2008 never comes on (6 speed).
Old 09-25-2011, 12:16 PM
Jem
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got a 2011 6 spd and mines always on
Old 09-25-2011, 01:59 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Vin

The ECO light is always on. You want to see ECO ON. When you see ECO ON you are driving economically (Basically down hill with a good tail wind)
Not on my '12 with connectivity group. The word ECO comes and goes as your driving it. I think the ECO ON is for those without connectivity group.
Old 09-25-2011, 07:46 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ranjr
Not on my '12 with connectivity group. The word ECO comes and goes as your driving it. I think the ECO ON is for those without connectivity group.
same here with my 2012

Quick Reply: Puzzled about ECO