Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Quadratop Bimini Top Plus

Old 03-21-2013, 02:05 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Quadratop Bimini Top Plus

New to the forum and I hope I'm in the right place. Thinking about getting the Bimini top plus with Tonno cover and window for my 2012 Sahara Unlimited. I have the soft top but really want something easier to take down and not have to mess with the windows. Anyone else have this setup? Good, bad? Should I just keep the soft top on and deal with taking the windows off?
Thanks in advance.
Old 03-19-2014, 03:52 AM
JK Newbie

Bump, as I'm having the same thoughts, and I'm new as well. Haven't found a good review anywhere but the price is right. For me its either this or the Trektop NX. I love bikini tops but sometimes I want to haul stuff without worrying about it bouncing out of the back on trails. I'd prefer the combo, its cheaper, and it allows me to have open-air or fully remove the top while still having cargo protection. Any thoughts?
Old 03-19-2014, 05:56 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Same here. I have the dual top setup. The hardtop has it's time and place, as does the regular soft top. But I like the looks of the Bimini and tonneau with the wind jammer. Plus, the tonneau kinda gives me a little peace of mind when I have the hard top off as it covers my speakers in the back. Doesn't keep a thief out, but it does keep them from seeing it and tempting them.
I'd wonder what the top could do to keep most water out in the rain and what the quality of the top is like in person.
Old 03-27-2014, 08:39 PM
JK Newbie

I bought the kit, it's in the mail. When I get a chance to put it on I'll post some feedback on it.
Old 03-31-2014, 07:17 AM
JK Newbie

i just got mine in

Last edited by deertick; 06-25-2014 at 05:33 PM.
Old 04-06-2014, 09:43 AM
JK Newbie

I installed mine yesterday and have done quite a bit of driving since. It's not the recommended 70 degrees outside but the top went on fairly easily and is pretty snug for a "bimini" style top. For just strapping down I was pretty impressed.
The Tonno is very nice, as well. Snug, tight, and looks crisp. Originally I was a bit concerned ordering a "Quadratop" instead of maybe something like a Bestop or something nicer, but the quality is right for the price, and feels pretty close to an OEM standard soft top.
As for the "Windjammer" rear window, as long as you don't expect it to keep out the weather I think you'll find it does the trick. With the doors & windows up wind is very minimal inside the cabin, and on a cold night the heater more than did the trick for me. Driving 65+ down the highway with windows open my rear passengers actually described it as "far less windy" than normal. And with windows up, a slight gentle breeze was all they could feel. The rear window is pretty clear and easy to see out of as well. All in all, for seeming like an afterthought, the windjammer does a good job.
As far as road noise, flapping, etc. it seemed as quiet as you can get with this type of setup. Listening to other passengers and the radio was easy. The only time the top flapped was during a strong windstorm, at about 70mph, with the windows open. Around town it was nonexistant, even in the wind. And later when the storm had passed, at the same speeds on the highway there was no flapping.
I would like to mention that while the fabric for the top is of a decent quality, some of the other materials seemed cheaper, mainly the plastic tabs on the Tonno. I broke one, but I was probably not supposed to remove the tailgate bar with the Tonno attached (was trying to make everything perfect, so thats my punishment for being picky.) Even so, the tonno is still snug for me and would be even more snug if it wasn't snapped.
For what it's worth, for anyone thinking of buying this, I'd recommend it. I wanted a summer top that would still keep things from blowing out of the cargo bay without requiring that I have side and rear windows. This fits my needs perfectly. There are a couple of Quadratec logos on tags that I wish they hadn't put on there, but hey, it is a good product and I really can't complain. They're also pretty easily removed.
I'll post some pictures when I get a chance that show how it fits on the jeep. The top does not fully seal around the doors, only the rollbars. Even though it doesn't use door surrounds, the seal between the doors is close and I would imagine the front seats would stay pretty dry in a light rain.

Bottom line is, it's a bikini top, it doesn't require door surrounds, and it keeps your stuff out of sight and for the most part out of the weather. For the price, if you don't expect it to do more than it was designed for, it's great.
Old 04-06-2014, 06:22 PM
JK Newbie

Thanks for the information SnakeVenom85. I was thinking about buying only the top, without the wind stopper or tonno cover. Would you you mind posting some pictures of everything?
Old 04-06-2014, 07:55 PM
JK Newbie

Got the same setup. No complaints here.
Old 04-07-2014, 07:00 PM
JK Newbie

Not my thread but: Bump. Anybody have pictures?
Old 04-07-2014, 07:10 PM
JK Newbie

I've got a handful of pictures I took for you all, but can't upload from my phone. I'll post them once I get home.

Quick Reply: Quadratop Bimini Top Plus