Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Question about Mastershield

Old 10-17-2009, 06:55 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question about Mastershield

I bought my second JK in September, it's a demo from the dealer, and my Jeep has the Mopar Mastershield Rust Inhibitor. (A value of 1600$, and rust is guaranteed for 8 years)

I asked the seller AND the mechanic if I can go to Rust Check for an oil rust treatment without having problem with the 8 year guarantee, and they don't know the answer...

I called Rust Check AND Chrysler Canada and they don't know the answer

What the hell is that? What is this Mastersheild?

All my cars/trucks had oil treatments, but I don't know what to do now with this JK
Old 10-17-2009, 09:28 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Mastershield? That's your paint job.

Seriously, I dunno, but I bet I'm close.
Old 10-18-2009, 05:14 AM
JK Junkie

Am I the only guy to have this in this forum?
Old 10-18-2009, 06:34 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JK Freedom
I bought my second JK in September, it's a demo from the dealer, and my Jeep has the Mopar Mastershield Rust Inhibitor. (A value of 1600$, and rust is guaranteed for 8 years)

I asked the seller AND the mechanic if I can go to Rust Check for an oil rust treatment without having problem with the 8 year guarantee, and they don't know the answer...

I called Rust Check AND Chrysler Canada and they don't know the answer

What the hell is that? What is this Mastersheild?

All my cars/trucks had oil treatments, but I don't know what to do now with this JK
This off a Jeep Compass forum:

Just a few notes on the Mopar Mastershield protection:

Rust Inhibior-Is a fogging spray method, wax based which protects from the inside out penetrating crevices, cavities and other rust-prone areass for maximum protection, forming a water proof, salt resistant seal. no drilling required. One time application with a lifetime warranty.

Paint Sealant -forms a tough shiny protective polymer seal on your clear coat which contains a UV blocker which helps dark paints against oxidation and fading. Encourages water to run off leaving minimal amount of water beads which form water spots.

Undercoat -black wax-based formula which seals the underside of your vehicle against road salt, dirt and stone and gravel abrasion. Forms a "blanket" that hleps insulate your vehicle form the heat and cold and acts as a sound deadener for a quieter cabin ride.

This off JeepKings forum:
MASTER SHIELDŽ RUST PROTECTION LIMITED WARRANTY
(NEW VEHICLES ONLY)

The Master Shield Rust Protection treatment is warranted for the registered lifetime of the new vehicle, provided that the:

vehicle does not exceed 11,000 lbs/GVW

Master Shield treatment was properly applied within three months of the new vehicle's original in-service date

Daimler Chrysler Motors Corporation warrants that if any part of a new vehicle properly treated with Master Shield Rust Protection rusts through (is perforated from inside out), Daimler Chrysler will repair and/or replace the damaged part(s) at no charge, up to a cumulative limit of $2,000 in combined parts and labor costs per vehicle.

NOTE: This warranty does NOT apply to surface or cosmetic rust; rust caused by external damage from dents, scratches, chipped paint or surface rust resulting from other internal cavity perforation; wear and tear from normal driving; vehicles not continuously registered for road use; vehicle manufacturer's defects; the vehicle's exhaust system; vehicle's floor pans load area of commercial vehicles; pickup truck bed areas; defects covered by a dealer's or manufacturer's New Vehicle Limited Warranties; or vehicles not inspected as required by the Master Shield Rust Protection Procedures and Warranty book. Only the selling dealer may validate a Master Shield warranty.

MASTER SHIELDŽ PAINT SEALANT LIMITED WARRANTY
(NEW VEHICLES ONLY)

The Master Shield Paint Sealant treatment is warranted to the first registered owner only, for a period of three years from the date of its application to the vehicle, provided that:

the Master Shield sealant was properly applied within 60 days of the new vehicle's original in-service date
damage to the exterior finish is reported immediately to a participating Master Shield dealer, who follows the proper claims-processing procedure

Daimler Chrysler Motors Corporation warrants to the first registered owner of a treated vehicle that if, within three years of the sealant's application on any properly treated exterior finish, the vehicle is damaged by weather-induced discoloration, loss of gloss, or fading, Daimler Chrysler Motors Corporation will repair and retreat the damaged area(s) free of charge, provided that the vehicle is first inspected by a participating Master Shield dealer and is prior authorized by Daimler Chrysler Motors Corporation. This warranty is not transferable.

NOTE: This warranty does NOT apply to damage caused by owner negligence, carelessness or failure to use prescribed maintenance steps; damage caused by collision, fire, stone, or similar objects causing a break or puncture of the sealant; damage from acid rain, smog, industrial fallout, or paints coming in contact with vehicle's surface paint; or damage caused by any modification or alteration to the vehicle's surface.

MASTER SHIELDŽ FABRIC PROTECTOR LIMITED WARRANTY
(NEW VEHICLES ONLY)

The Master Shield Fabric Protector treatment is warranted to the first registered owner only, for a period of three years from the date of its application to the vehicle, provided that:

the Master Shield treatment was properly applied within 30 days of the new vehicle's original in-service date
the vehicle was at no time in commercial use
any damage to the interior cloth or velour surfaces is inspected by a participating Master Shield dealer and a representative of the Warranty Record Center

Daimler Chrysler Motors Corporation warrants that if any interior cloth or velour surface treated with Master Shield Fabric Protector becomes permanently stained from water, coffee, soda, milk or similar liquids, Daimler Chrysler Motors Corporation will clean and retreat the damaged surfaces free of charge, provided that the vehicle is first inspected by a participating Master Shield dealer and is previously authorized by Daimler Chrysler Motors Corporation. This warranty is not transferable.

NOTE: This warranty does NOT apply to vehicles used for commercial purposes (except Gold Key Lease Vehicles); to carpets or floor mats; to damage caused by defects in the material or workmanship of the cloths used; to damage caused by owner negligence, carelessness or improper maintenance; or to damage caused by acid, dye, ink, bleach, gums, paints, lubricants, or caustic or corrosive materials.

MASTER SHIELDŽ LIMITED WARRANTY (WISCONSIN)

These conditions are applicable to the Master Shield Limited Warranty issued in Wisconsin and supersede anything inconsistent in the standard warranty language found on the following pages. All other standard warranty terms and conditions herein contained apply.

The Master Shield Limited Warranty is a two-year warranty renewable for the life of the vehicle if the required free inspections are made. Registration of the warranty is not a condition precedent to your limited warranty coverage nor are manufacturer defects excluded, except for such defects that would be covered under the Daimler Chrysler Motors Corporation new vehicle warranty.

Chrysler Insurance Company, 27777 Franklin Road, Southfield, MI 48034, provides Master Shield with product guarantee legal liability insurance. The warrantor is Daimler Chrysler Motors Corporation, 26311 Lawrence Avenue, Center Line, MI 48015. For warranty information, claims and adjustments, contact the selling dealer or any participating Master Shield dealer. If dealer is not available, contact 1-800-776-7556.
Old 10-22-2016, 05:41 AM
JK Newbie

Default Set It and Forget It or Not?

When I picked up my Jeep, I asked if I should get the permanent wax again after a few years or reapply rust inhibitor every few years as an extra precaution. They told me that it was unnecessary to do anything rust wise and if the permanent wax needed a touch up after a few years they would do it for free.
I got the Mastershield because of the rust I see on my brother in laws 12 yr old Jeep Cherokee. He didn't get any rust treatment at all and it is evident
We paid about $1800 for the Mastershield. I really didn't care about the interior protection at all but they said it was one package only.

Last edited by Jeep2016; 10-22-2016 at 05:48 AM. Reason: Need to add something

Quick Reply: Question about Mastershield