Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Question about our 4wd systems-newb question?

Old 01-01-2012, 09:17 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 168 Likes on 144 Posts

Originally Posted by Xodius
So what do you think it was?
In the two situations you described, did the engine rev freely as if in neutral? Or, did you feel the Jeep trying to move?
Old 01-01-2012, 09:57 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It was acting like it was in neutral. It reved but didn't move. Even my wife thought it was odd as it was in gear.
Old 01-02-2012, 01:25 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Samething happen to me on parking blocks too!!! It's basically like it has no power?!! I just backed up and nailed it!!
Old 01-02-2012, 02:52 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

ESP is the main cuprit. It starts applying the brakes on one or more wheel(s) when the computer thinks traction is lacking. I've read many times about JKs that won't move because ESP is trying to do all the thinking for the driver. The rig comes to a stop in sand or against a small obstacle.

Turning off HSA is just extra insurance to make sure nothing applies the brakes except your foot.

Quick Reply: Question about our 4wd systems-newb question?