Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Question about Putting Rubi 4dr Suspension on 2 dr X with 2.5" BB??

Old 11-12-2007, 08:10 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question about Putting Rubi 4dr Suspension on 2 dr X with 2.5" BB??

I have a 2 door X. I know where I can pick up some stock Shocks and Coils off of a 4 door Rubi. I just ordered the 2.5" Teraflex BB with Shock adapters.

1. Would if be possible to use the 4 door Rubi Shocks and Coils on my 2 door along with the TF BB???

2. I know that the coils come in all different loads and that it mostly likely going to be stiffer, so I was also thinking about just using the Rubi Shocks and the coils from my X along with the Kit, thinking that it wouldn't be so stiff... could this be done???

3. Has any put OEM Rubicon suspension from a 4dr on a 2dr x??? What was the result? Any issues with the fit? etc?

4. Would putting the 4 door Rubi suspension on my X provide any additional lift?

5. What should/shouldn't I do this?

Thanks in advanced.
Old 11-12-2007, 09:13 PM
JK Freak

i'm pretty sure front springs are mostly the same... but i might be wrong on that, its the rears that you would see the largest difference... i would imagine putting for door rear springs in would give you even more of a rake to the front. As for shocks, as long as you get shock extensions theres no reason you can't put on some rubi shocks from a four door. but in all honesty, i think you'd be better off to keep the stock springs, the BB will give you a decent looking ride height without adding to slant forwards, the 4 dr springs will likely stiffen your ride and cause more of an unbalanced look.. whatever you decide, good luck.
Old 11-13-2007, 03:43 AM
JK Enthusiast

i agree with keeping the stock springs and adding that spacer. adding rubi shocks or aftermarket is a preference thing though (ride, performance, etc.)

is there a "real" difference in length between springs?
Old 11-15-2007, 07:57 PM
JK Enthusiast

so adding the 4 door shocks along with my TF 2.5" BB to my 2dr wouldn't make the rake too much

Quick Reply: Question about Putting Rubi 4dr Suspension on 2 dr X with 2.5" BB??