Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Question About Rock Rails...

Old 07-16-2016, 06:19 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question About Rock Rails...

Hi guys. Just bought a 2015 Willy's Wheeler with 800 miles on it. It came with rock rails. Since I will never go rock climbing, etc., I took the rails off and put on a set of MOPAR OEM side steps. My questions to you experts are: should I keep the rock rails in case I ever want to sell this Jeep and some "purist" might want the Jeep back to stock or do I just sell them? If I sell them, how much should I ask for them? They are like new. Thanks!!
Old 07-16-2016, 07:09 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sell them. $100 or less seems to be the going rate on Craigslist. I think I paid $30 for a set with scratches.

I sell or give away all my stock parts. It's not worth having them take up valuable space in my garage.
Old 07-16-2016, 07:48 PM
JK Junkie

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Default id keep them

not to mention you may decide to put them back on for protection to the tub
you dont need to be a rock climber to need protection there anything can cause damage unless your going to use it on road only but really they look so much better than sideboards too , and yeh resale if you intend on trading it in i think most would prefer rock rails and want to swap them back over the side step

Last edited by jeepmojo; 07-16-2016 at 07:58 PM.

Quick Reply: Question About Rock Rails...