Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Question regarding Rugged Ridge Tube Bumper

Old 04-28-2014, 06:05 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question regarding Rugged Ridge Tube Bumper

I posted this in the modified forum, with no reply. Hoping to see a reply here...

Thanks.

-My buddy gave me his Rugged Ridge Tube Front Bumper. However, I have no hardware for it.
I do have the install instructions, but no mention of what is needed.

I have two questions:

- Do I use the existing lock nuts and washers from the factory bumper? If not, do you know what sizes I might need?

- Do you know what size the plastic push fasteners are? I have none of those, and need to pick some up.

- Regarding the factory foglights...do I use the existing Nuts and blots to reattach to tube bumper? If not do you know what sizes i need?

In the coming weeks I will be installing the bumper, getting new wheels and tires. Looking forward to it. Although I do have to say researching wheels and tires sucks! I want a bigger tire, but don't want to get a lift or use wheel spacers. Not many options out there.

Thanks for all the help.

-Evan
Old 04-28-2014, 06:24 PM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 363 Likes on 289 Posts

That bumper sucks, it is about as strong as a pop can. Everyone I have seen that runs it bends the shit out of it. Don't waste your time installing it.
Old 04-29-2014, 05:50 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Oh good! I think it even say right on the instructions "not for towing".

Originally Posted by TheDirtman
That bumper sucks, it is about as strong as a pop can. Everyone I have seen that runs it bends the shit out of it. Don't waste your time installing it.

Quick Reply: Question regarding Rugged Ridge Tube Bumper