Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

quick hardtop help

Old 03-12-2015, 09:38 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default quick hardtop help

have a good price on a 2 door hard top
it is from a 2012
will it fit my 2010?
let me know asap!
o|||||||o
Old 03-12-2015, 10:21 AM
JK Junkie

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

There are only 2 potential issues that I am aware of and those are the footman loop and the alignment pins.

The footman loop above the windshield did move at one point but I believe it was in 2009 so may be good there but I have not been able to nail down an exact year. If you measure the position of your footman loop I can compare it to mine.

The factory changed from 2 alignment pins to 4 (2 per side). Again, don't know the year. But the work around is to drill new holes in the rail if needed. Some guys remove the pins but I wouldn't do that.

I know Qtec sells kits to move the footman loop so it can be done. It comes with a new trim piece as well. I don't know if that is to make the new tops fit the old or old tops fit the new. You could check their site.

They also have kits for making the wiper/defroster/window washer work on the new top but their description says 2011-2015.

Not much help but it points you in the right direction at least.
Old 03-12-2015, 10:26 AM
JK Enthusiast

I have a soft top from a 13 on my 09 ..everything worked fine because I got all the 13 hard wear
Old 03-12-2015, 10:34 AM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 2009rockymountain
I have a soft top from a 13 on my 09 ..everything worked fine because I got all the 13 hard wear
same rules don't apply with the softop. Softops do not use the center footman loop on the header and softops don't sit on the tub.
Old 03-12-2015, 10:37 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by jrod250
same rules don't apply with the softop. Softops do not use the center footman loop on the header and softops don't sit on the tub.
Old 03-12-2015, 11:29 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 14Sport
There are only 2 potential issues that I am aware of and those are the footman loop and the alignment pins. The footman loop above the windshield did move at one point but I believe it was in 2009 so may be good there but I have not been able to nail down an exact year. If you measure the position of your footman loop I can compare it to mine. The factory changed from 2 alignment pins to 4 (2 per side). Again, don't know the year. But the work around is to drill new holes in the rail if needed. Some guys remove the pins but I wouldn't do that. I know Qtec sells kits to move the footman loop so it can be done. It comes with a new trim piece as well. I don't know if that is to make the new tops fit the old or old tops fit the new. You could check their site. They also have kits for making the wiper/defroster/window washer work on the new top but their description says 2011-2015. Not much help but it points you in the right direction at least.
really appreciate the time you took to give me all the information! deff gunna have too look into a few things, 1200$ for the 2012 hard top, cant be too mad!
Old 03-12-2015, 01:33 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by plemmajk10
really appreciate the time you took to give me all the information! deff gunna have too look into a few things, 1200$ for the 2012 hard top, cant be too mad!
No problem. Doesn't sound like a bad deal. I just went out and measured my center loop. It starts at 1 foot from the inner side of the driver's soft top latch when latched.

Quick Reply: quick hardtop help