Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Quick! Help me decide!

Old 11-13-2007, 10:15 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Quick! Help me decide!

My first jeep ever, a 4-dr X, arrived at the dealership today! I had decided just to do a 2.5" BB with 33" tires, as I may never do "serious" wheeling with this vehicle. I just priced the 3" TF suspension lift, and it's a bit more, but it comes with quick disco's, better shocks, longer springs, etc. The BB is $225, the 3" is $700, but will I end up needing these other parts in the end, anyway? I am torn between knowing the 2.5 with 33's will most likely be "good enough" and spending a little more now, and not paying twice in the end. Thanks!
Old 11-13-2007, 12:49 PM
JK Enthusiast

a lot of people on here have 2.5" BB and 35" tires including me. I play on the rocks mostly so for someone looking to less hardcore wheeling go with a 2.5" BB and either new shocks or shock extension brackets. I got new shocks but either works fine.
Old 11-13-2007, 01:21 PM
JK Newbie

go big or go home

Quick Reply: Quick! Help me decide!