Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

quick question about stock jeep limitation

Old 12-24-2011, 07:48 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default quick question about stock jeep limitation

I was working the jeep out pretty hard yesterday, which is 100% stock with less than 1000 miles on it and was wondering about it's limitation. While in stock form, does the jeep have any limitation? does hardcore flexing in stock form bad for the car? are there anything mechanically I should be worried about when taking it to the limit? I know the car was built in a manner which will allow off roading but was wondering what the limitation was. Took the jeep crawling yesterday for the first time and had a BLAST!!! My wife and I were amazed on how capable the jeep was in stock form. Only time we scraped the bottom was when I made a mistake not listening to my wife when she was guiding me through and landed on the bottom portion of the header(now it has a good size dimple lol...) and the dent on the muffler itself when the rear part of the jeep landed on a rock. Didn't notice anything different so I'm hoping nothing broke
Will post some pictures when I get home tomorrow, cheers!

edit: 4lo in 1st gear and let the jeep crawl

Last edited by JHP81; 12-27-2011 at 08:54 PM.
Old 12-24-2011, 09:05 AM
JK Freak

Cool

Originally Posted by flytojungho
I was working the jeep out pretty hard yesterday, which is 100% stock and was wondering about it's limitation. While in stock form, does the jeep have any limitation? does hardcore flexing in stock form bad for the car? are there anything mechanically I should be worried about when taking it to the limit? I know the car was built in a manner which will allow off roading but was wondering what the limitation was. Took the jeep crawling yesterday for the first time and had a BLAST!!! My wife and I were amazed on how capable the jeep was in stock form. Only time we scraped the bottom was when I made a mistake not listening to my wife when she was guiding me through and landed on the bottom portion of the header(now it has a good size dimple lol...) and the dent on the muffler itself when the rear part of the jeep landed on a rock. Didn't notice anything different so I'm hoping nothing broke
Will post some pictures when I get home tomorrow, cheers!
Welcome to the Jeep addiction
Old 12-24-2011, 09:10 AM
JK Newbie

do you know what JEEP stands for? because it WILL happen
Old 12-24-2011, 09:12 AM
JK Super Freak

Car????? Congrats on the new Jeep.
Old 12-24-2011, 10:05 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

First of all, be prepared to take crap when you call your Jeep a "car". Since you are a newb, we'll let it slide this time!

When you are stuck you went too far and exceeded the Jeep's limitations. That's what winches, high-lift jacks, recovery gear, and shovels are for. So, I guess as long as you can get un-stuck there's no real limitation to what the vehicle can do. Just need to pony up the cash to outfit for recovery.

Really the only limitation is when you break something. You can beef up the weak points and you'll just break something else. After you've upgraded everything there is to upgrade, you'll break something you upgraded!

I don't know of any magic point you can push the Jeep and still stay within the safe zone. Heck, you could hit a pothole on the freeway and break something. You can crawl over rocks all day and not get so much as a scratch. The fun part is seeing exactly how far the Jeep will take you.

Remember: JEEP = Just Empty Every Pocket. So I guess the real limitation is "how much money you got??".
Old 12-24-2011, 11:42 AM
JK Enthusiast

YOU SPEAKUM THE TRUTH!!!!

AND LOL!
Old 12-24-2011, 11:58 AM
JK Enthusiast

how stupid of me calling the JEEP a car. a rookie mistake for sure!
Old 12-24-2011, 06:52 PM
JK Enthusiast

Unfortunately, the Wrangler comes with one BIG limitation from factory....your wallet.
Old 12-25-2011, 03:30 AM
JK Enthusiast

NFR I'm stealing this line hope you don't mind
Old 12-25-2011, 05:53 AM
JK Enthusiast

You need to back off a few trails and tell the wife that if you had a lift and bigger tires that it wouldn't be an issue. It appears that she enjoys riding with you. If you let her know that the Jeep is very capable in stock form then you maybe stuck for awhile.

J E E P
u m v o
s p e c
t t r k
y y e
c
t

Quick Reply: quick question about stock jeep limitation