Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Raptor Liner for interior hardtop '15 JKU

Old 09-14-2017, 01:26 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Raptor Liner for interior hardtop '15 JKU

I've looked in many different ways and was unable to find an answer and was hoping this could help.

I've looked into options of painting, or lining the interior of a hardtop, so it's black to match the interior not white. (I have raptor liner, as i saw on another forum of someone who did it and it looks great. But that specific thread is dead and hasn't been updated in years). I don't care about the tub for now, as i barely see it anyway so it's not a big deal.

My question stems from the fact that i just don't know too much about this topic, and figured there's people out here that would be able to chime in and help me.

The advantages of doing are exactly why I want to do it, so it's black. I have headliners that i got from mopar that i plan to put up anyway...just want it all to be black.

I'm curious of the disadvantages being of being in Arizona where it's hot, most of the year.

1. Will this liner better insulate and keep the heat out? or will it attract the heat and make the heat even worse?
2. Will the smell last a long time or be gone within a week or two?
3 are there any other disadvantages of doing this that i'm not even thinking about that i should?

Thank you in advance for the responses!
Old 09-14-2017, 07:24 PM
JK Enthusiast

Not sure what color your words are in, but we can't see them.
Old 09-15-2017, 08:15 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Cajun JK
Not sure what color your words are in, but we can't see them.
[h=2]Strange...let me copy and paste. oroginally it was black, but i edited it and changed it to white, apparently that didn't help. How about now in yellow?[/h]

I've looked in many different ways and was unable to find an answer and was hoping this could help.

I've looked into options of painting, or lining the interior of a hardtop, so it's black to match the interior not white. (I have raptor liner, as i saw on another forum of someone who did it and it looks great. But that specific thread is dead and hasn't been updated in years). I don't care about the tub for now, as i barely see it anyway so it's not a big deal.

My question stems from the fact that i just don't know too much about this topic, and figured there's people out here that would be able to chime in and help me.

The advantages of doing are exactly why I want to do it, so it's black. I have headliners that i got from mopar that i plan to put up anyway...just want it all to be black.

I'm curious of the disadvantages being of being in Arizona where it's hot, most of the year.

1. Will this liner better insulate and keep the heat out? or will it attract the heat and make the heat even worse?
2. Will the smell last a long time or be gone within a week or two?
3 are there any other disadvantages of doing this that i'm not even thinking about that i should?

Thank you in advance for the responses!

Old 09-15-2017, 08:58 AM
JK Enthusiast

This is great
Old 09-15-2017, 12:25 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by JKJon
This is great
??????
Old 09-15-2017, 01:39 PM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

Received 483 Likes on 440 Posts

The smell does last a while (maybe 3 weeks) and I'd bet with it being on the hard top that you'd smell it more often. I sprayed the tub of my TJ as well as 2 sets of PS crusher flares. TJ was color matched and the flares were straight black. Spray close and fast like you're in a hurry to get a smoother texture. I used the bottom of a bottle to spray my hydroflask and it's a smoother texture, yet still grippy.

Quick Reply: Raptor Liner for interior hardtop '15 JKU