Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Rattle in defrost vent

Old 03-28-2013, 05:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Rattle in defrost vent

So my wife has had my jeep for the last few days. She did not like the dog smell so she put an airfreshner clip in my defrost vent on top of dashboard. It broke off and is rattling around to the point of insanity. Any suggestions to access this area without taking apart the dashboard. And if I have to take it all apart how much of a pain in the a$$ is it? I was thinking of cutting a 3 inch rectangle out of the grates to try and fish it out. any thoughts???
Old 03-28-2013, 05:35 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Scootersjk
So my wife has had my jeep for the last few days. She did not like the dog smell so she put an airfreshner clip in my defrost vent on top of dashboard. It broke off and is rattling around to the point of insanity. Any suggestions to access this area without taking apart the dashboard. And if I have to take it all apart how much of a pain in the a$$ is it? I was thinking of cutting a 3 inch rectangle out of the grates to try and fish it out. any thoughts???
A strong pc of String tied to a Magnet or something sticky if not a metal clip. It's not very deep and even if you remove Instrument panel, the center ducts still can not be removed without removing the Whole Aluminum Frame.

Quick Reply: Rattle in defrost vent