Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Rattling sound from passenger side

Old 05-08-2010, 08:56 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rattling sound from passenger side

Is anyone else having this issue????for the past few days i have been getting some rattling sound from the passenger side of my 07 unlimited... im goin to get under it and take a look tomorrow. I notice it while driving not idling, i notice it mostly when going at lower speeds, probably due to road noise reduction... sounds like a dull rattle, not really a metallic sound.. ugh yet another problem ...

Last edited by RonFDNY77; 05-09-2010 at 07:25 AM.
Old 05-09-2010, 05:05 PM
JK Enthusiast

bUMP FOR HELP
Old 05-09-2010, 05:08 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So have you at least looked at it yet? Everything stock? Goes with bumps? Goes with suspension movement? Goes with steering?
Old 05-09-2010, 05:17 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This sounds absurdly obvious, but have you checked to make sure your jack and lug wrench are tightly secured? I had a rattle over bumps that turned out to be my lug wrench.

Now the squeak I get from the rear wheels is a different story...
Old 05-09-2010, 05:50 PM
JK Enthusiast

Check this thread, maybe it will help.
https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...om-Front-Right
Old 05-09-2010, 07:34 PM
JK Enthusiast

Everyhting stock, happens when rolling no bumps needed no steering needed ... i did look and found i was missing a nut or fastener under the fender.. i used the nut that hold the carpet down under the drivers seat, that seemed to hold and i didnt hear it while driving for a while but then started to hear it again.. i noticed a fair amount of play in the inner fender. i want that to be it but it happens even when it rolls slow. i also had a small silver screw fall out from the dash and on to my right foot when i was driving the other day that was pretty awesome... thanks for posting that link ... i must say out of all the problems i have had this is by far the most annoying.. may be the least serious but that sound!

Last edited by RonFDNY77; 05-09-2010 at 07:44 PM.
Old 05-09-2010, 07:42 PM
JK Enthusiast

i will check the jack and with never post again if it is lol but it sounds plasticy and im almost certain its from the right front.. its almost like the sound i had in my cherokee when i turner on the heater or the ac, the blower was bad.. but this is much more faint.. i will further my investigation tomorrow thanks for the help
Old 05-09-2010, 08:18 PM
JK Newbie

I had a similar issue. I check all kinds of things and could not locate it. Passengers told me the felt it in the floor as well. Well this weekend when I was installing my home made boat side plates, (pictures will be posted soon) my son said Dad this silver thing is loose. What I found was the cheap sheet-metal nuts holding the heat shield on fell off. It turned out to be my heat shield banging against the tub. I fixed it today with 2 fender washers, and two 6mm X 1.0 nuts with lock-tight.
Good as new and no more noise.
Old 05-09-2010, 08:28 PM
JK Enthusiast

thanks ill check that tomorrow, i did feel the heat sheild it didnt seem loose but ill get under there a little better tomorrow..
Old 05-10-2010, 08:18 AM
JK Enthusiast

i just checked it out, it is the heat sheild just flappinin the breeze.. looks like the nuts or those fasteners just fell off i will follow you lead and stop off at the hardware store.. Thanks....

Quick Reply: Rattling sound from passenger side