JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion

JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/)
-   Stock JK Tech (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/stock-jk-tech-12/)
-   -   Ready for the first mod! (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/stock-jk-tech-12/ready-first-mod-269020/)

White Ghost 03-23-2013 06:24 PM

Ready for the first mod!

Ok guys I've finally got permission from the wife to spend around $1k on mods for our 2012 jkus. So what should I do? Should I do a one big mod like bumpers or wheels or should I do a few cheaper ones like HID headlights and a 2" lift and evo complete skid system. I need help to many decision.

The Riz 03-23-2013 06:46 PM

I am in the same boat. Have to start with a lift, then tires and wheeis.

Che 03-23-2013 06:52 PM

1k will not take you too far ....... Unfortunately

Wrangeler X 03-23-2013 07:20 PM

I sequenced by mods based on what I wanted to with my jeep!

R u looking to wheel it? If so first make sure you have tow points the tires, then skids, the a winch. Then lift and so on.

shabbernigdo 03-23-2013 07:27 PM

Originally Posted by White Ghost (Post 3487418)
Ok guys I've finally got permission from the wife to spend around $1k on mods for our 2012 jkus. So what should I do? Should I do a one big mod like bumpers or wheels or should I do a few cheaper ones like HID headlights and a 2" lift and evo complete skid system. I need help to many decision.

Personally i went to replace what i thought was the weak points first. The stock lug nuts. sounds small but having those dam caps fall off and having to beat a socket on to them just to get the fkrs off is extremly irritating so i changed them out. Fairly cheap super easy insurance i wont have to deal with that crap in the future. Then i went to the head lights. They suck. First i went to some sylvania silverstar H6024 bulbs and the delta pig tails to hook them up. Not much more light but a much better pattern and its all plug and play. Kept that till i could get my Trucklights and SHS harness. Then i went after the bumpers. The stock jeep playschool plastic bumpers dont really instill much cofindence that they will protect my jeep in case of any kind of accident so i went to somthing much more solid Smitty XRC stubby and since the stock fogs went with the bumper i had to replace those with some Rigid D2's ( the stock fogs are pretty lame ).

So basicly find what you dont like and change that first imo.

White Ghost 03-24-2013 05:36 AM

Thanks I know a 1k want do much but it's a start that's why I'm trying to surcharge for options. But hey it's a start so I'm happy. It's tough decision for sure I would love to have better lighting and a small lift but then again I agree about the bumper it's so pathetic, they aren't made like my parents old 85' cj7

Jonathan_JK 03-24-2013 05:43 AM

I did Front bumper, winch ,hitch,lift,wheels,tires. 5k later I still need more..

Jonathan_JK 03-24-2013 05:45 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Here is what stage 1 complete looks like

White Ghost 03-24-2013 05:50 AM

Originally Posted by Jonathan_JK (Post 3487843)
Here is what stage 1 complete looks like

Looks good I hope to get there one day

taylorthedude 03-24-2013 06:30 AM

1 Attachment(s)
make sure to look on CL and the for sale section, sometimes you can find really good deals and get more stuff then you think. I found a guy on CL that was having his jeep takin by the insurance company and he only had a day to sell the aftermarket parts that were on it. I got bushwacker flats, wheels, 35" km2s, AEV snorkle, rear bumper with tire carrier, gas cover, and some other small parts all for 1,250!!! which i believe to be a pretty good deal! so just keep your eyes open. Goodluck with your build! heres the donater jeep