Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Rear seat belt mount on diagonal roll bar

Old 05-24-2016, 03:40 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear seat belt mount on diagonal roll bar

I want to remove the cheesy-looking foam padded cover from my roll bar, and I don't really want to cut them where the rear belt is attached to the diagonal roll bar. Has anyone removed the upper belt mount? It appears the mount is on a threaded connection to the bar, but a pipe wrench is eating up the piece that looks to be threaded in. I have the top down, so I can't see, (lazy), about the rear connection, and the front mount appears to be only a bolt coming up through the floor.
Any help would be appreciated.
Old 05-24-2016, 07:34 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Tomsryt
I want to remove the cheesy-looking foam padded cover from my roll bar, and I don't really want to cut them where the rear belt is attached to the diagonal roll bar. Has anyone removed the upper belt mount? It appears the mount is on a threaded connection to the bar, but a pipe wrench is eating up the piece that looks to be threaded in. I have the top down, so I can't see, (lazy), about the rear connection, and the front mount appears to be only a bolt coming up through the floor. Any help would be appreciated.
The belt has a cover on it that comes right off and torx head bolt. The piece you're trying to take off is part of the cage.
Old 05-25-2016, 09:53 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Got it. I looked up on an exploded parts list that I have and it showed it as a removable cover.
The Torx bit is a T50, same as what is used for the door hindge bolts.
Thanks for your accurate reply.

Quick Reply: Rear seat belt mount on diagonal roll bar