Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Rear upper bumpstops

Old 03-24-2019, 08:28 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 363 Likes on 289 Posts

The HD coils should give you 2.5"-3" of actual lift. Flexing out the suspension with a fork lift or jack is the best way to check for clearance of the tires to fenders/body. One thing to measure is the distance between the bump stop and pads and the amount of shock shaft you have showing at ride height. If you have the shocks that cover the shafts then you measure your shocks eye to eye and subtract their compressed length. You should be able to find the compressed length on their website for the model you have. If you are properly set up your shaft length at ride height and the distance between the bump stops should be equal or slightly smaller on the bump stop distance.. This will allow you to use the full amount of shock.
Old 03-24-2019, 08:46 AM
Super Moderator

Received 78 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by TheDirtman
The HD coils should give you 2.5"-3" of actual lift. Flexing out the suspension with a fork lift or jack is the best way to check for clearance of the tires to fenders/body. One thing to measure is the distance between the bump stop and pads and the amount of shock shaft you have showing at ride height. If you have the shocks that cover the shafts then you measure your shocks eye to eye and subtract their compressed length. You should be able to find the compressed length on their website for the model you have. If you are properly set up your shaft length at ride height and the distance between the bump stops should be equal or slightly smaller on the bump stop distance.. This will allow you to use the full amount of shock.
I can definitely get access to a forklift. I am going to try this next weekend. With the stops removed would I possibly stop "bottoming out" almost all together? Appreciate you taking the time to write this all out for me. I'm preparing for a trip this summer. Drove to Cabo last summer. Same thing again this summer.

Quick Reply: Rear upper bumpstops