Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Rear window washer leak

Old 03-16-2011, 08:35 AM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Rear window washer leak

I searched this forum and the web and found nothing so i'm hoping someone here can help me.

Here is my problem, when activating the rear window washer, fluid comes poring out from behind the wiper motor cover. I removed the cover and had my son activate the pump, there are two vent like holes on the nipple in which the hose connects too where the fluid is leaking.

Anyone else have this issue? What is the fix?

2007 JKU if that makes any difference.
The following users liked this post:
Marty La Rue (01-12-2020)
Old 03-16-2011, 10:00 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hehe. i've always wanted to put that.

now, seriously, I just went and looked at mine and it is hard to see in there, but I only saw one spot where the hose connected and did not see any vent holes.
Old 03-16-2011, 11:12 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by AptPupil

hehe. i've always wanted to put that.

now, seriously, I just went and looked at mine and it is hard to see in there, but I only saw one spot where the hose connected and did not see any vent holes.
You have to remove the cover, there are two indentations on top of the nipple, this is where it's leaking from.
Old 03-16-2011, 06:23 PM
JK Newbie

Nobody? I'm thinking I'm going to have to replace the rear washer nozzle assembly.
Old 03-16-2011, 07:56 PM
JK Newbie

we had a leak issue once, but it was from not getting the hose hooked right when we switched back to the hard top.
Old 03-16-2011, 08:54 PM
JK Junkie

Heck I just want to know how to make mine work!!! I can make the wiper go but no washy stuff.
Old 03-17-2011, 07:59 AM
JK Newbie

Ok folks, just got back from the stealerships, the parts guy looked at were the fluid is coming from and he indicated that he never seen anything like it. He looked at the parts list, have to replace the whole wiper motor assembly, $93.00

I opted to epoxy the holes shut, I'll keep you posted if it worked or not. If not I guess it'll cost me the $93.
Old 03-17-2011, 09:03 AM
JK Newbie

I just tried the washer after the epoxy set up, well no water praying out the holed, but now it's leaking from inside the assembly. Guess I'll take it apart and see if I can seal it from the inside.
Old 01-02-2013, 08:11 AM
JK Newbie

Default Rear wiper nozzle broken

Originally Posted by jimmy-james
I just tried the washer after the epoxy set up, well no water praying out the holed, but now it's leaking from inside the assembly. Guess I'll take it apart and see if I can seal it from the inside.
Do you have pics of the rear motor assembly taken appart? Is this part# 68086133AA the right one to replace?

CHECK VALVE, CONNECTOR KIT. Washer, Washer Hose. Rear Washer System; Rear Wiper System. JEEP WRANGLER (2007 - 2013) # 68086133AA

For sure, if you let the dealership replace a part, they will replace the whole assembly.

Regards,
Old 12-29-2015, 04:04 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by jimmy-james
Ok folks, just got back from the stealerships, the parts guy looked at were the fluid is coming from and he indicated that he never seen anything like it. He looked at the parts list, have to replace the whole wiper motor assembly, $93.00

I opted to epoxy the holes shut, I'll keep you posted if it worked or not. If not I guess it'll cost me the $93.
Any further luck on that leak fix? I think I have a similar problem myself...I noticed liquid dripping down the inside of the rear window after using the washer fluid a few times also. I pulled the wiper motor cover off and found most fluid to be spraying inwards towards the backseat, and at a decent force (about 2-3' inwards!) The hose seems to appear in good shape, and I haven't been able to inspect closer with someone else spraying the fluid at the same time yet. As far as I can see it's coming from around the hose, and not the two vent like holes as yours was originally. Anyone else have this issue? Its a 2012 Sahara also.

Thanks!!
JuneeJeep
The following users liked this post:
RodOven (04-23-2021)

Quick Reply: Rear window washer leak